Sunday, January 2, 2011

Movin' on up!

Today was a big day at our house: Abby moved up into the "Primary" program at Church - basically that means that she goes to a Sunday School-type class instead of the nursery (where all the toys are).  And it just so happens that Ellie turned 18 months old yesterday, so she is now old enough to go to nursery!  Didn't I plan that well? :)


It was so nice to be able to do music time in the Primary without Ellie hanging onto me or screaming that she wants me (I used to have to keep Ellie with me during the second hour since Garrett teaches a teenage Sunday School class, then he would take her during third hour).  Garrett had to work today so he didn't get to see the girls in their new classes, but it was so cute to see them experiencing something new.  Ellie did just fine in the nursery, probably because there was only one other kid in there (which I am so thankful for... I hate when the nursery has a ton of kids).  Abby seemed a bit tentative about coming into the Primary (there were a lot of screaming kids at the beginning), but she did well and enjoyed herself in her class, too.

I can't believe I have a kid in Primary.  Where does the time go?

2 comments:

Abs said...

Wow, you're so old. :)

Love the "w" it's so cute.

Ashley said...

Spencer starts Primary this year too! He's the youngest kid in his Sunbeams class, with his late-December birthday. And our ward has a TON of nursery kids. We had three nurseries at one point to accommodate them all. But we were sick yesterday, so Spence skipped out on church. I'm so nervous for next Sunday ... How did you prepare Abby?