New beginnings!
To be honest, I've never really been big into making New Year's resolutions but I do it anyway because it feels like something I should do. But this year, rather than making a list of resolutions for the year, I want to focus on certain qualities/traits that I want to learn (or perfect), and focus on one of those per month. I haven't had much of a chance to think about them yet but once I have them set in stone I will share them with you.
Now I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and share some of the things we did in 2010, just in case you missed it!
January:
Garrett was still really busy with residency interviews. I was a single parent a lot during that month (and the month before that)
Abby turned three
February:
We watched a ton of Olympics
Garrett submitted his rank list for residency programs
March:
I ran my first official 5k
A huge sigh of relief when we found out that Garrett matched!
MATCH DAY!
April:
We spent a weekend in Washington D.C.
We went to Utah
We went to California
May:
Garrett graduated from medical school!
June:
We moved to Virginia
July:
Ellie turned one
August:
I hit a blogging bump so I started (and completed) the 50-day Challenge
September:
We spent a week in Pennsylvania with my family
We bought a second car
October:
Beach camping at the Outer Banks
November:
Ellie screeches. A lot.
December:
Garrett actually let me interview him here on the blog
Christmas in Savannah
Whew, it's been quite a year. 2011 is already shaping up to be a busy year
January: Abby turns 4
February: ?? Not really sure but I do know that Garrett has a good schedule - 4 days on, 4 days off.
March: Garrett will take a week-long vacation and we'll either go house hunting in FL, or to PA to visit my parents
April: Garrett will take another week-long vacation and we'll do whatever we didn't do in March
May: pack up
June: move to Florida
July: Garrett starts radiology!
August: we'll suffer the humidity of Florida
September: Abby starts preschool (maybe)
October: let's face it, we'll probably be suffering of heat still
November: ??
December: ??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
here's my new year's advice to you:
don't jump on bandwagons, and don't make resolutions.
i jumped on a bandwagon once, and ended up on crutches once for the better part of a year.
as for resolutions, back in the eighties, i made a new year's resolution never to make any again, and all around me when people are disappointed at breaking theirs, mine is still going strong.
less heartbreak.
i wish you and yours many blessings n the coming year and every year.
Ben Franklin came up with 13 virtues he wanted to develop in his life and worked on one each week - similar to what you plan to do. Check out what he did. I think it's a great idea - good luck!! Rabbits!!
Since you don't have anything for November or December, you should say "Have a baby!" :) I like that idea. I need more nieces and nephews.
Post a Comment