20 things that are making me happy right now:
1. Warm(er) weather, seeing buds starting to form on the trees
2. Watching BYU basketball games (when I can)
3. Having lots of fresh produce in the house (just stocked up on oranges, apples, grapefruit, carrots, avocados, spinach, spring salad mix, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, kiwi
4. Buying antiques for a steal (I'll share pics soon!)
5. When Ellie wears Abby's dress-up dress and it goes all the way to the floor, so it looks like she is floating along as she walks
6. Ellie's tantrums, in general. I know it's strange to say these make me happy (especially since she has quite the scream), but it's just so cute. It's no secret that age 1 is my favorite.
7. Seeing Abby admire babies and become such a great helper.
8. Speaking of Abby helping out, she also puts her dishes in the dishwasher, is great at eating most of her food, and is so polite. I love it.
9. Selling things on craigslist
10. Hanging out with friends
11. House hunting. It's exciting to think about our (near) future and the possibilities. We have a great Realtor and we're excited to head down to Florida in a few weeks and see the homes in person.
12. Getting rid of stuff.
13. Netflix & Hulu
14. Reading books on the iPad. Right now I'm reading "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. I definitely recommend it!
15. A bunch of my friends and some cousins were accepted to BYU this last week. I am so excited for them and a little bit jealous, too. I can't believe it was 9 years ago that I ripped open my acceptance letter to BYU. Such a great time (and such a relief for me... I was nervous, to put it mildly).
16. Spending time with the youth at Church. We have mid-week activities and they are usually well-planned and a lot of fun. When Garrett is actually home to watch the kids and I get to go by myself, I genuinely have a really good time. (It's really hard when I have to bring my kids because they usually fall asleep in the car on the way to the Church since it's bedtime. Then I'm usually so busy chasing them around that I am not much help to anyone else!). But we have a great group of girls and I enjoy the opportunity to serve. We have fun.
17. Teaching piano lessons to Abby, and watching her get excited about it.
18. Getting my sewing machine out and getting some projects done. I really hope I can convince Garrett that the girls need to continue sharing a room in Florida, so that a third bedroom can by my designated sewing room (temporarily, of course)
19. Sunshine
20. Reading my scriptures. With all the turmoil going on (in the world and in my life right now, for a handful of reasons), the scriptures are a constant source of peace. So grateful for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry you have turmoil. You are a great example of turning to the scriptures.
#5 made me laugh.
Post a Comment