Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tagged!

My sister-in-law tagged me in a blogger Q&A, so of course I will oblige!  I'm also supposed to make up 11 new questions at the end, and tag a few people to answer those.  Enjoy!

First, I'm supposed to post a picture of myself:
                                 
This was taken last Sunday evening in our back yard.  (Don't I have the cutest little girls??)

And now for the questions:
1. What is your greatest accomplishment in your life this far?
Hmmm.... well I think that I've accomplished a lot in my 27 (almost 28) years so far.  Probably the best things I've done, though, are getting married and having children.  Those are things I had been working towards for a very long time, so I consider them great accomplishments.  The first time I ever held Abby, I knew that I had been born to be a mother, and I try to consider that each day as I go about this job of mine (motherhood)!

2. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
Only three?  Haha. I am sure I've talked about these before.

1. I hate being late, and I also hate when other people are late for things.  I think it's really disrespectful (in certain situations.... I'm not talking about playgroup or other certain social events).

2. When people are negative all the time.  For example: several weeks ago, I went to a great Thursday night meeting at Church.  We had a class on spiritual enlightenment/growth.  It was really good and all the teachers had planned really well.  A few days later I was at a play group and someone asked how the meeting was, since they hadn't been able to go.  One person said, "It was pretty depressing... we were basically told that we aren't spiritual enough".

Over the years, I've come to realize that some people will always find the negative in everything, no matter how positive the situation actually is.  This really bothers me, so I'm listing it as a pet peeve.  However, I have found that this attitude is teaching me a lot, too..... patience, especially.

3. We weren't allowed to say "what?" when I was growing up, only "pardon?"  We've taught our kids to do the same.  So, hearing people say "what?" always makes me cringe a little bit.  Sometimes, I even have to bite my tongue from saying, "Pardon?" for them.  It's pretty bad. (And I think all Siebach siblings/cousins would probably agree with me that they are the same way!!)

3. You're at a dessert buffet with everything sweet and delicious and dessert-y you can imagine.  What do you go for first?


Hmm.... probably cheesecake with fresh raspberries, or strawberry shortcake.  Or some Lindt chocolate truffles. Or... some really good, hot, homemade chocolate chip cookies!  Too many choices.

4. If your life was a reality tv series, what would your theme song be, and why?
Right now, it would definitely be: "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins.
You're gonna miss this.
You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times,
So take a good look around.
You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this.


I do know that I am going to miss these days.  Every night when I kiss my girls good night, I hug them tight and wish that time would stand still.  Sure, I have hard and frustrating days.  I'm tired, and busy, and sometimes I feel overwhelmed.  I wish for a lot of things, I wish for "someday".  But I am so in love with my life as it is right now.  I know that someday I'll wish these days back.  Even as I fight with Ellie at the grocery store (as she is screaming at the top of her lungs), a little voice in the back of my head is telling me, "Treasure this!"  (no, not the screaming.... the two-year-old).  I fully expect to someday be that woman who tells young moms to "treasure these days."  Because I tell myself that all the time!  As much as I sometimes long for the future, I am trying to take full advantage of our present.  I will miss these days.  I love our situation and I feel very content with what we have and where we are in life.  Life can be hard sometimes, and of course I have personal struggles and heartache, but I am also very blessed.  I have experienced some painful things in my life, which I believe have helped me treasure the sweet things so much more.


5. What is your ultimate dream job?
Well I really love working behind the scenes of things.  I think it would be neat to be a personal assistant or an "intern"-type person for someone I really admire a lot (for example, I think it would be neat to work for Sheri Dew, who is the CEO of Deseret Book and a great inspirational speaker).  I also think it would be fun to work for BYU, being in charge of something cool and being important enough that I would get free tickets to attend any campus events I wanted.  Oh, I can think of a lot of jobs I would absolutely love.

6. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened in your life?
I have thought about this one for a few days now and I have to be honest, I can't think of anything!  Sure, funny things have happened to me I am sure, but I can't think of just one that stands out.  I do have an embarrassing moment that's pretty funny now, though - I think I've shared it before here on the blog.  Every time I tell people now they get a good laugh, so I guess it's pretty funny.  I once played "footsies" with the wrong person.  As if that isn't bad enough.... it was with the guy's dad.  And he totally called me out on it ("Are you trying to play footsies with me, Hannah?").  I wanted to die.  I literally almost got up from the table and ran out of the room in tears.  Instead, I just turned bright red and changed the subject.

7. Which celebrity do you think you would/could be best friends with?
Maybe Carrie Underwood?  She seems nice.

8. What is your biggest fear?
Horrible tragedies happening to people close to me, especially my kids.

9. Do you have any scars?  If so, what are they from?
I have an inch long scar on the top of my left hand from a cat scratch when I was 6.  I also have a smaller scar on the top of my right hand, almost on top of my middle knuckle.  I'm pretty sure  it's from a burn (oven) but I don't remember exactly.

10. What would your patronus be?
I don't know what a patronus is..... so I'm not sure what mine would be! (Is that from HP?)

11. What would be the best invention ever?
Teleportation, definitely.

And here are my new questions for people (some repeats):

1. What is a talent that you wish you had?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be (besides scriptures)?
4. Let's say you had to live the life of a TV character (past or present).  Who would you be?
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. Do you have any recurring dreams (either exactly the same, or just about a certain person/situation)?  If so, what are they about?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What would you choose to be your last meal?
10. What is the best gift you've ever received?
11. Describe how you would like your life to be in 10 years.

I tag:  Anyone who wants to answer these questions!!  Join in!  But specifically:
Lindsay, Paige, Haley, Abbie, Emma, Molly, Ashley.  No pressure... but just in case you need some blogging inspiration! (and don't feel pressured to make up new questions or tag new people, you can just answer the questions above!)

Thanks, Kate, for the tag!! (And I'm pretty curious how you'd answer those questions above, too!)

1 comment:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Oh good grief, ha ha! :) Ok I will start thinking, so I can join in the fun.

Thanks for sharing. I LOVE learning more about my friends.