Springtime is in full force here... although it's already starting to feel like summer! Here are some shots of what we've been up to lately:
Sharing a swing:
Neighborhood bike rides:
Easter Egg hunts (we did 4 egg hunts in all... I am pretty egged out):
We went to Savannah for General Conference weekend... Garrett spent Saturday morning fishing in this handsome get-up. The mosquito's were pretty terrible, so this kept him pretty protected. Thankfully he stayed in the woods and wasn't seen in public:
Decorating mini cupcakes:
Making Resurrection cookies with Grandma:
Writing letters to the Easter Bunny:
Watching (lame) Youtube videos late into the night:
Funny how these always draw a crowd:
Piggy-back rides:
Dyeing Easter eggs:
Our early Easter dinner (we celebrated Easter during Conference weekend in SAV):
Uncle Jared stealing all the good candy:
The week after we got home from Savannah was Spring Break, so many of my friends at Church took a day trip to the beach. It was a great time:
I took the girls strawberry picking one morning - we picked 20 lbs!
Half of it is now freezer jam:
The Methodist Church down the street had their annual Easter Egg Hunt/Family Day. It was a lot of fun - there were multiple bounce houses, bunnies to play with, a hay ride, free food, Easter egg hunt, arts & crafts, face painting... we had a great time.
Easter Sunday. Sadly, Garrett had to work a 12-hour shift so he didn't get to see the girls in their dresses, so I made sure to take some pictures:
Here is our garden this year. We started out very small, but will hopefully expand next year! The girls love watering the garden with Garrett each evening. (Ellie wears a bathing suit pretty much every day, all day. It's her latest "dress up" attire)
And finally, I took this picture a few days ago when I was driving Abby to preschool. There have been really big prairie fires nearby so it's been very smokey outside. This was on a "better" day. Some days we can't even go outside because it makes our eyes burn just to be out there! Hopefully it doesn't last too much longer.
And, that's what we've been up to lately. We are keeping busy. I booked our trip to Pennsylvania in July, so we are excited for that! We're also gearing up for daily trips to the pool (which will probably start pretty soon, if the smoke clears up). I also just got a new calling at Church. I've escaped the Primary and now I'm the first counselor in the RS! I'm going to be in charge of the extra meetings (enrichment), so that will keep me pretty busy. And finally, I've been reading a LOT of books lately, so you'll be hearing about those as I go along!

No comments:
Post a Comment