It just seems a little wrong to live so close to Orlando and not take advantage of all the great activities there!
This year, SeaWorld offered free annual passes to all kids 5 and under, so I figured that if we were ever going to do SeaWorld, this would be the year! We finally took our first trip down on Saturday and we had a blast!
We left on Saturday morning around 6:30 and first headed to the Orlando Temple. Garrett and I each took turns doing some temple work inside, then around 11 we headed to SeaWorld. The kids have heard a lot about SeaWorld from their friends, and I'm pretty sure it lived up to all their expectations! It is so fun to experience things like this with my kids. Seeing their faces during the dolphin show, or on the rides, or even just walking around the park was just priceless. It was just non-stop fun all day long - a perfect day. It was even more fun, too, because we went with some of our good friends here in FL.
Also, I sadly didn't get a picture of this but Abby went on her first roller coaster! It was just a kid one, but I was still very impressed that she went through with it. It looked pretty scary to me, and I truly thought she would back out at the last minute. She loved it, though, and said she wants to do it again next time. She rode with Garrett, who also was kind enough to get a video of her during the ride.. it's great. I remember going on a very scary roller coaster with my dad when I was 7 or 8, and it's a great memory. (And, it was legitimately scary - at the time, it was the fastest roller coaster in the world at 80 mph, and had one of the steepest drops in the world).
Anyway... I have to say that one thing I learned on this trip is that I am embarrassingly uneducated when it comes to sea animals. I referred to Shamu as a giant dolphin at one point, for example. I won't go into more details but let's just say that Garrett was pretty shocked and embarrassed at a lot of things I said that day. Whoops. Good thing we'll be going back more this year.
Abby in front of the Orlando Temple:
In the aquarium part of the park. You can really tell but Ellie was enthralled when we walked into this tunnel. She thought that she could reach out and catch the fish, so she kept waving her arms and trying to touch them, thinking they were going to swim to her. It was hilarious.
Riding the carousel:
All of us:
This was the dolphin nursery, where all the babies are kept. They were SO cute.
We sat and watched the baby dolphins for quite a bit... they were pretty fun to watch!
Me & Rindee at Friendly's afterwards. Yummm.... takes me back to the good old days in NH.
A good sign of a great and exhausting day! We can't wait to go back soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so cute! I love sea World!!!
Looks like it was sooooo much fun!!
Post a Comment