Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just Random

Just some random pictures that never made it to Instagram:

The girls swinging:

Doing some crafts:

Playing with bunnies:


This is how Ellie drinks from bottles... I don't know how she doesn't choke:

Painting toenails with.... paint:

Oh, and fingers too:

Some friends rented a bounce house for a birthday party:

Bathing suits can be confusing to put on.... this is her "J-Lo" suit:
(it's backwards)

Doll picnic:

Sisters:

Back when we picked all those free blueberries, I made a blueberry cream cheese pie:

It was a favorite of mine growing up... and as you can see I'm not the only one who loved it!

Not much is happening.  We are keeping BUSY though.  Pools, library, piano lessons, errands, play dates, birthday parties, goodbye parties, and meeting new people who are moving in for residencies.  I also got commissioned by one of the girls who was moving away to make THREE twin sized quilts for her daughters.  Of course, I put it off, thinking that they were leaving at the end of the month, only to find out that they were actually leaving on June 13th.  I kicked it into high gear and cranked out the quilts as fast as I could.  I really love quilting, but it was hard to have such a tight deadline and I didn't get to spend much time with my kids for those last 5 days (thankfully it rained a LOT that week so I didn't feel too guilty having them watch movies and eat popcorn for lunch).  I delivered the finished quilts to her literally as they were loading their second car onto the tow behind their full moving truck... just 30 minutes before they drove away for good.  Whew.... 

Garrett got his schedule for next year (starts his THIRD year of residency on July 1) and he's going to be working quite a bit more than he did this last year... lots of weekends.  However, he does have Thanksgiving off this year, for the first time in three years!  I'm pretty excited.

I've also been doing a lot of projects around the house.... painting furniture, organizing, and finally hanging more things on the wall.  Yes, we've lived here a year and it's definitely an ongoing process.  I've discovered a couple things:

1. I hate re-upholstering things.
2. I don't have much patience when it comes to spray painting furniture
3. I change my mind a lot

I'll do a big post in the next couple weeks to show you some of the things I've been working on.  For now, though, it's bedtime... whyyyy do I stay up so late???



No comments: