Today, Garrett turned 30 years old. It was a pretty exciting day.... (not really, sorry honey). He's on call so we didn't plan anything. Instead, we are sitting on the couch and watching a movie. I am wearing my comfy pj's and I have a snack on the table next to me. Garrett is wearing his scrubs and has two pagers and his phone next to him.... just in case he gets called in (poor guy). He's been on call for 6 days now and hasn't had to go in during the night yet... let's hope it stays that way until tomorrow (his last day of call this month).
But anyway, the birthday boy... I had been wanting to do a great "30 things" post but to be honest, it's hard for me to think of 30 random things. I've come up with, hmm... five. But, I will come up with 30, and will post it when we do.
We had a nice little birthday dinner when Garrett got home from work (It was late so he opened presents right away, we ate quickly, and the kids went right to bed). I made sesame chicken (which was scary... I deep fried for the first time since I almost burned my house down 3.5 years ago). Garrett got some pretty exciting presents from us.... a big box of tennis balls (did you know that those things wear out after a couple games?), some Jelly Belly candies, a new digital watch (he lost his at the hospital last week), and a new iron. (Yes I got my husband an iron for his 30th birthday.... the iron we've been using since we got married is the one he got for his freshman year of college and doesn't "steam" anymore. I don't iron, so this new one really is for him.) I would blame the lame presents on our "old" age, but to be honest I've always been this lame at gift-giving. The thing is.... he has everything he needs and pretty much everything he wants (he doesn't want for much), so buying for him is hard. Plus, we went on that trip with Rob & Haley back in March, which was part of his 30th birthday "celebration".
So, happy birthday, Honey. Thanks for choosing me to celebrate all your birthdays with. And thanks for NOT looking like your Facebook profile picture:
(Garrett recently changed his FB picture, and now it's actually a photo of himself. BUT, this was his profile picture for, oh, 2 years.)



1 comment:
That picture cracks me up!!! Love it. I think it's nice when you are comfortable in your own skin to just relax together and enjoy your day the best you can. You always are so good about being upbeat rather than lamenting over Garret's schedule. You guys are awesome! Happy Birthday, Garrett!!!
Post a Comment