10. Plant a successful garden with at least 8 different plants.
Our garden was great this year! We had roma tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, basil, jalapenos, red peppers, strawberries, lettuce, and carrots. Some were more successful than others, but I'd consider this year's garden an overall success. Counted!
41. Be together with my whole family (parents, siblings, in-laws & kids) and get a nice family picture
Just did this in Pennsylvania!
44. Read "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey
Did this a few months ago. It was pretty good... I only say "pretty good" because I didn't really learn all that much, but that's because I listen to his radio show a lot, and a lot of it is common sense, so I had heard most of it before. But, it is a great book and I highly recommend it to everyone.
45. Learn to use coupons better and lower our grocery budget by 20%
Hmm... kind of working on this, but not working too hard. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen. I just met someone who moved here from Los Angeles, and she couldn't believe how expensive our groceries were here (wow). When we first moved here, I had to increase our grocery budget quite a bit, and I think my real hope was to get it back down to where it used to be. However, I don't think that's going to happen and I'm okay with that. Back in the day (medical school), we were eating a lot of Ramen and boxed mac and cheese... pretty much anything that was cheap. Now that Garrett is making a stipend, we have some extra wiggle room in the budget and I'm happy that we can buy more nutritious food, even if it comes at a higher price. I'll probably tweak this goal a little bit to reflect something more important (but maybe try to keep it on the same topic -- grocery budget/food).
46. Read the "Little House on the Prairie" series out loud with Abby
We have started this! So much fun, I love these books.
86. Get (or make) new throw pillows for the couch
Done! I wanted to use a bunch of different, summer-y colors and prints, and I bought most of the fabric from fabric.com. I also got new pillow inserts (the old ones were pretty tired and worn).
89. Take the kids to a U-pick farm
We've been strawberry picking and blueberry picking (a couple times).
93. Frame (& display) some pictures of the girls that I have taken
See the pictures on the wall in the living room picture above? There are two pictures there that I took. Done!
96. Teach a class
I taught a Sunday Relief Society class in July (Relief Society is the womens' organization at church). My lesson was about "Creating your own Zion". Basically, creating Zion wherever we live and not waiting for Zion to come to us, or to be created for us. So many of us live in transition (always looking forward to the next thing), and we forget to live in the moment and create a peaceful life where we currently are. It was a good discussion and I enjoyed teaching it.
99. Have ten quilts in my etsy shop
Hmm... this one is getting hard! I had 9 quilts there for a long time, then I gave one away here on the blog. Since then, four more sold, so I only have four there now. And... with the baby coming, I don't see myself making 6 quilts any time soon! But, you never know when the quilting bug will bite again so it could very well happen. I won't rule it out just yet. I do still have over a year and a half to meet all 101 goals.
There are a few edits I'm looking to make, too, but I'll talk about those in another post (this one's getting pretty long). All in all, I think I'm making some good progress! It's nice to have some goals written out, and it's even nicer to get them crossed off!


No comments:
Post a Comment