I'm just over 33 weeks along and starting to feel pregnant!
A few people have asked me lately if I'm "ready" for the baby to come. The short answer? Not really. I still want to paint the crib, but it's been too hot & humid to be outside much, so it's still sitting in the garage in pieces. I haven't unpacked the baby clothes yet. I do have a lot of diapers that I've been getting with coupons, so there's that. I also bought a new diaper bag that I love. Other than that, no, we aren't ready! I'm not quite ready to give up my full nights of sleep. Not quite ready to lug a carseat around. Not quite ready to re-learn all that baby stuff that I always forget (feeding schedules, sleep schedules, etc.... and this time, on top of keeping up with a kindergartener's schedule.). But, thankfully I don't have to be ready yet! Still have a handful of weeks to go. The plan is to not be induced this time, which will be a first for me. We'll see how that goes.
Still experiencing a lot of sciatic pain, but nothing unbearable. If I am careful about how I sit or lay down, I can usually manage it okay. Still also trying to walk regularly... I usually do about 10-12 miles a week. I can tell that it's made a huge difference in this pregnancy, both with weight gain and just how I feel overall. It's nice to live in a neighborhood with sidewalks everywhere! I am looking forward to cooler weather, though. The heat + my growing size are not a very comfortable combination! Some days are harder than others (it's still about 95 degrees every day, and very humid).
In other news.... I am about 75% sure that we know what we want to name her. Well, I know what I want to name her, Garrett is still on the fence I think. So, I won't give it away until he's on board, just in case it changes. My sister-in-law Shauna suggested the name to me back in July and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It's not too popular - I was looking at some "name charts" online and apparently it's never been more popular than #380, and that was almost 80 years ago (by the way, aren't those baby naming websites/charts so much fun to look at??). I love many of the popular names right now but we just wanted to find something a little more unique (but not weird!). I think (hope!) we've found it.
So, on the to-do list:
Paint the crib (hopefully... definitely not a priority though)
Unpack baby clothes, organize them
Buy Ellie a twin mattress (she is still sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor)
Set up the crib
Pack my hospital bag
Buy a few things, sew a few things, try to sell a few things
Hmm.. not as long a list as I thought. And, none of them have to be done before the baby comes except for the clothes and packing the bag, so I guess I'm in good shape. :)

2 comments:
I didn't think my list was that long 5 weeks ago, either. Then as it's gotten closer, my list grows and grows. Things like "wash the car seat and car seat padding" related to baby stuff and "return the library books" related to normal life stuff combine; and then there's the crazy stuff nesting compels you to do that gets added to your list.
I'm interested in this name you've picked. We're struggling. Surprise, surprise.
You look great in the picture! I won't divulge the name I think it is (the Shauna hint gave it away). Maybe it's hidden here in my sentences for you puzzle people out there.
Post a Comment