Passed my glucose test! No big surprise there I guess, since things have thankfully been fine/normal during this pregnancy, but I always get a little nervous! Everyone hates the glucose test, of course, but this time it was nice to be able to drink it at home and then go in to have my blood drawn an hour later. So, there's a plus!
I taught the girls how to make sushi one night for dinner, when Garrett was working late:
Ellie is still cute... just in case you were wondering:
We watched lots of Olympics. Our favorites were swimming and gymnastics:
I have to admit, though, I'm a little bit relieved that they are over. Now I can start going to bed before midnight! We can also cut our cable again.
Special delivery! (I ordered a small couch/futon for the play room). It's always fun to come home to a giant box sitting on your front porch!
I took the girls to Sea World last week. I was a little nervous taking two little kids by myself (30 weeks pregnant) in 95 degree weather... but it ended up being really fun! We left early in the morning and got home around the time Garrett got home from work. Definitely hoping to make it down there are few more times before our passes run out at the end of the year.
We took advantage of some of the indoor parts, like this little aquarium. We also went into the new "Turtle Trek" attraction, which was really neat. It's basically a short 3-D show where you are seeing the ocean from the viewpoint of a turtle. It starts out with you "hatching" from an egg, then walking through the sand over to the ocean and then swimming around for a bit. Near the beginning, when you are on sand, there's a part where a huge crab starts to come towards you (remember, you are a baby turtle so you're tiny) and it gets really close, about to pinch you! Ellie was pretty scared and started sobbing at this part. Thankfully all she had to do was cover her eyes or take off her glasses and it all went away. There was also a brief encounter with a shark that got pretty intense. It was really fun and Ellie still says, "Remember the time the crab was trying to get me?!?"
Spinning teacups, our favorite! They love when I spin them really fast and every time I stop to take a break, they just yell, "more! more!"
We've been spending lots of time at the pool. Last year we spent a lot of time at other peoples' community pools, but we've stuck to ours a lot more this year. Our neighborhood is one of the smaller ones, so we are usually the only ones there (unless we invite friends) and I really love that.
Ellie's newest version of a person. This is the first time I've seen her add teeth:
Officially 30 weeks!
School shopping for Abby... exciting stuff! I am still dreading this year a lot, BUT... we finally found out who Abby's teacher is next year, and we even went in to meet her, and I am feeling much better about the whole thing. Her teacher seems great, and the classroom looks so much fun. So far there are only 12 kids in her class but the teacher said it would probably be up to full capacity (16) by the time school starts.
The teacher sat down with Abby to do a little worksheet to assess some of her skill levels. She started pointing to some random uppercase letters on the page and asking Abby if she knew them. Abby just looked at me shyly and acted like she had no idea... I couldn't believe it! Silly girl. I wanted to say, "Abby, just say the letters. You can READ, for heavens' sake!" But, I kept quiet and just smiled at her, letting her do her thing. Thankfully she warmed up after a bit and completed the worksheet with her teacher.
The sewing bug has hit a little bit.... I re-covered these pillows in the playroom (this is the futon that I got).
I also threw together (& basted) a baby quilt top with some scraps I've had for a long time. Hopefully this will be quilted and up for sale soon. Thankfully the sewing bug is still alive and well, so I ordered some supplies to make Christmas presents. Hoping to be DONE with Halloween and Christmas sewing by the end of September/early October.
Playing with the girls:
Abby's creations:
Just another outfit by Ellie........
And, this marks the start of the official last week of summer. I've never really had to mourn that until now! It's certainly going to be an adjustment having a kid in school. Anyway, we're going to soak it in as much as we can.... mornings at the pool, maybe a trip to a local zoo, etc. This month we also have a short weekend trip to Savannah planned, plus a separate trip to Charleston for an extra long weekend of fishing (Garrett), shopping (me!), and mini-van envy (me again!). :) Can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment