If you had told me at the beginning of my pregnancy that I would be posting makeup-less, bathing suit-clad pictures of myself on my blog when I was 37 weeks along, I would have called you crazy! But, I'm determined to document a little better this time around than I did the first 2 times.
We are on the home stretch - just under three weeks until my due date (Oct 19). Pregnancy just started to get a little uncomfortable, but I consider myself lucky that I got by this long before that happened. She's starting to kick me in the ribs, or just stretch her legs out under my ribs and leave them there for long periods of time, which really burns. I've also had a pretty bad cold/cough/sore throat for the last week, so that doesn't help.
Still no definite name, but we have a few contenders. I came across a fun baby-naming blog and this post is pretty fun to read - it's short but there are a lot of great ideas in the (many!) comments, too. Naming a baby is a lot of fun... so many pretty options. There are a few "out there" names that I really like on that blog post, but Garrett would never agree to them.
Crazy as it sounds, we are really hoping she comes on or after her due date. Garrett's working nights (and weekends) for another 3 weeks, and we just found out that he cannot take paternity leave or time off while he's on nights. He was supposed to be working nights for the next five weeks, but thankfully someone switched the last two weeks with him, so right now he has 3 more weeks of nights, then two weeks of days, then two weeks of nights again. And, since he is allowed to take 2 weeks of paternity leave (lucky, I know), it would be perfect for her to come the beginning of those two weeks of day shifts (hear that, baby?? haha). In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a huge planner.... But we'll just have to be patient and see how things turn out here!
So yes, we are excited and time is flying! The crib is painted and set up, Ellie is finally sleeping in a big new twin mattress (freeing up the crib mattress), and I just have a few more meals to make for my freezer. My mom's trip is planned, a new car seat is on the way, and I have thought about packing my hospital bag (doesn't that count?). Still a lot more to do, but I like staying busy. I'm afraid that if I slow down too much, I won't be able to ever get moving again! :) Here's to a good three more weeks!

3 comments:
May your attempts at planning end up better than mine.
Hannah,
You look GREAT!!! I am so glad that you feel so good. We are looking forward to seeing pictures of the newest little one. :)
Justin said there is a federal law allowing paternity leave called FMLA (family medical leave act), apparently they have to let you off whether you are on nights or days. Tell Garrett to look into it. Justin just put in his paternity leave request, but we are planning for a scheduled C-Section, unless I go into labor.
You're like Shauna...all baby. You look great!
Post a Comment