Monday, October 1, 2012

It's all about...

The other morning when I was walking Abby into school, I noticed that there were some posters hanging outside her classroom.  I was excited to see that one was "All About Abby":

 We really aren't sure where the "Zookeeper" part came from.. she has never talked about that at home.  I am guessing that they read a book about it in school or something like that?

It's a roly-poly in a jar, with grass.


 Spaghetti & meatballs

I love that Garrett is wearing his dark blue scrubs in this picture....

Abby is still loving school.  She got her first "progress report" last week - I can't believe she has been going for six weeks!  I am pretty pleased with the progress she has made so far; in fact I am kind of surprised with how much she seems to have learned in such a short time period.

I pack Abby's lunch every day but lately she has been asking me if she can not bring a lunch box one day.  This is her way of saying that she wants to buy school lunch.  She said, "All the kids go into this room in a line... and they come out the other door with chocolate milk and chicken nuggets!"  Haha.  I asked her what kinds of vegetables they eat and she said "They don't eat vegetables.  Just chicken nuggets and something with a smiley face on it. And they can have chocolate milk or regular milk.  I would have chocolate milk."  Yum. (For the record, I'm pretty sure they have to have veggies, Abby probably just notices the "fun" food.)

I still think about homeschooling sometimes, especially since a couple of my friends have recently decided to pull their kids out and do it.  There are a few things that I haven't been too happy about with regards to the school, but the good has outweighed the bad so far, so we'll stick with it.  Abby is having fun, which I feel at this point is the most important thing.  She really enjoys school and her friends, so I won't rock the boat.  We'll re-assess at the end of the year and decide what we want to do about first grade when the time comes.

2 comments:

sos said...

It's pretty sad that the only pet she can have is a roly-poly....

Brenna Bee said...

i'm surprised Garrett even allowed that! :)