Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September so far

September has been a good month so far:

The girls and I made pretzels:



Abby has been teaching Ellie how to write and draw:

"Here Ellie, let me show you how to draw a person":

Still some swimming; less now that school has started, though.  Plus it's been raining a lot.

Ellie has started the bad habit of eating in front of the TV ;)

Helping me at Sam's Club.  We spent some time in the candy aisle and at every different display she claimed, "These are my favorite!  I wish I could have these!"

We took the girls to Seaworld a couple Saturdays ago.  It was a great trip... besides the part when some random little boy bit Ellie and almost drew blood. (The mom refused to do anything about it and pretended she didn't know English when I confronted her about it.)


Waiting for the dolphin show to start:

We stopped at Ikea on the way home... it was Garrett's first time and I think he wants to go back as soon as possible!!!

(Hope you sensed the sarcasm there.)

Here's my 35-week picture... getting closer!!

Garrett has officially started the night shift... he'll technically be working overnights or late-nights for the next 9 weeks or so.  It stinks, but thankfully the baby is coming somewhere in there so he'll get a nice long break for his paternity leave (depending on how much time he decides to take).  Definitely looking forward to that!

The night shift is really bad for me.  I need Garrett around so that I go to bed at a decent hour!  If I'm alone I tend to stay up way too late, no matter what time I have to get up in the morning (last night it was 12:30....).

Finally getting my shelves!

The weather is finally starting to feel a little cooler too, which is great.  I can't go walking alone in the evenings anymore since Garrett is at work, so I've been walking in the mornings with Ellie and the weather has been almost pleasant.  We've also been getting a lot of rain and thunderstorms, which has been fun.

3 comments:

sos said...

I love the alphabet pretzels...let's make some when I'm there. Nice bookshelves.

BWei said...

You look awesome, Hannah! Can't believe you're 35 weeks.

Haley said...

I always stayed up way too late when Rob was working nights too. It's weird how that just happens.