Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I am...

I can't believe it's been a month since I last did a post like this.  I'm going to try to do this at the beginning of each month. Currently, I am...

1. Listening: I'm really liking Spotify more lately, which is a computer program that lets me listen to pretty much any music I want to.  I've been listening to a variety of different things - stuff I loved in middle school, high school, current favorites, etc.  I've also starting listening to BYU Devotional podcasts, which are great.
2. Eating: Green grapes from Sam's Club... Sam's has the best green grapes because they stay crunchy.
3. Drinking: Lots and lots of water, still.
4. Wearing: Same as last month - maxi dresses and skirts.  It's still SO hot and humid here... plus I don't have any pants that fit!
5. Feeling: A little bit anxious, excited, nervous... I can't believe this baby is due in 2 weeks.  Honestly I don't feel like she is coming any time soon though, so I think we still have plenty of time to get ready.
6. Weather: It cooled down one morning last week, which was heavenly.  Then it got really hot and muggy again, and it's been pretty miserable!
7: Wanting: A foot rub!  I would really love a foot rub at the end of a long day.
8: Needing: This cough to go away!  I've had a cough for almost two weeks now, and coughing with a pregnant belly is really painful!  It's also no good with my tiny bladder... haha.
9. Thinking: I've been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am when it comes to my kids.  I have great kids, and I love spending time with them.  Their little personalities are just so fun and it's always entertaining to have a conversation with them (like talking to Abby about her poster, which I blogged about yesterday).  I've also been thinking a lot about a parenting quote that I read a few weeks ago... but that's a whole other blog post, which I will write soon.  It's making me think harder about who these girls really are and how I should be parenting them.
10. Looking forward to: Some of my friends have graciously offered to throw me a baby shower next week, which is such a nice surprise!  And since I really don't need any baby (or girl) stuff, they are throwing a "diapers and wipes" party.  I'm excited to get stocked up on those essentials.  I'm also really excited about General Conference this weekend.
11. Dreading: Cleaning my floors.  It really, really has to be done, but I have to do it on my hands & knees since I don't have a mop, which is why I've been putting it off.  Determined to get it done tomorrow, though.
12. Enjoying: Books.  I go through periods of time when I don't read at all, and then for a few months I'll be reading constantly!  I just caught up on a couple Mary Higgins Clark books, which were good.
13. Grateful for: I took 2 naps today. It felt great!

1 comment:

Haley said...

I hope your cough goes away! I had a cold and cough for the last month of pregnancy with Bobby and it didn't go away until he was born. I was worried that I would cough so much it would put me into labor!