Sunday, April 28, 2013

29.

I turned 29 last week!  Thanks to our friends Anthony & Kristi, I celebrated with a divine chocolate-chocolate cake, with chocolate chips on top.  It was awesome... they make it for each birthday and it's always a highlight for sure.
(P.S. - do you think making a blowing-out-the-candles wish to "lose the baby weight" is counterproductive seeing as how you are about to eat a piece of cake?? haha I thought so too.)

We certainly made a dent... and yes, that is chocolate ice cream with oreos in it (thanks again, A&K!).

All in all, it was a good birthday.  My birthday was on Friday, the 19th. The night before, a bunch of my girlfriends took me out for sushi and frozen yogurt, which was fun.  On Friday I spent the afternoon with some friends - we took the kids to a splash pad and just hung out.  Grabbed a pizza for the kids on the way home, with plans to get some nicer takeout for me and Garrett but I was just so tired that we ended up just eating the leftover pizza and watching Netflix. Garrett gave me a new Magic Bullet - our previous one broke just a few weeks ago so I was needing a replacement.  Then on Sunday we had dinner and cake with Anthony and Kristi.

A few weeks ago, upon finding out that I was about to turn 29 someone told me, "Oh, your last birthday!" At first I was a little creeped out (am I going to die or something?) but then they explained that everyone always claims they are turning 29 for each next birthday.  Haha.. I don't think I will mind turning 30 but I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes.  I'm not dreading it.... yet!

28 was a good year.  Olivia was born after a great pregnancy, we spent time with both sides of the family, and I was able to accomplish a good portion of my goals from my list.  One more year to go until all 101 need to be finished!  Better get to work!  It was also a hard year.  Two of Garrett's grandparents passed away, his parents moved far away from us, and Garrett worked a LOT.  I am thankful for everything I learned this year.

Here's to living up my last year of being in my 20's!

3 comments:

sos said...

The cake looks really good - bring the recipe with you to PA. We'll party!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Turning 30 wasn't that hard for me actually. It was when I turned 31 that I really felt a lot older. Justin and I are getting ready to celebrate 10 years of marriage!!! I guess feeling old could possibly be because we have three small kids really close in age. They are BUSY and keep us on our toes. I'm sure you can relate.

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

I don't do Pinterest, but I look at yours whenever I need inspiration on what to make for dinner. LOVE all the recipes that you post, thanks!!! :)