Abbie had her last day of school last week. We brought her some flowers at the bus stop but she was too upset to appreciate them very much. Her tears were a result of two things: she was sad that kindergarten was over, and scared about starting first grade in the fall.
Someone brought Popsicles to share as part of a little celebration for the start of summer.
Ellie, Isabella, Abbie, and Ellie
On Abbie's last day of school, her class celebrated all the summer birthdays. Later that afternoon, Abbie asked me if she could eat a piece of candy that she had gotten from someone who gave out goodie bags. I told her no, and told her it was because she had already eaten a cupcake, and had juice, and had a Popsicle that day. She said, "Actually, I had two cupcakes, ice cream, juice, and a Popsicle today." Gotta love kindergarten, I guess!
We have a great summer ahead! The girls and I will be gone for three weeks in July, traveling various places and seeing a lot of people. Abbie is also signed up for an art class in June and we have lots of friends moving out and new people moving in that we look forward to meeting. Excited for a fun and busy summer vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment