Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cedar Key

Remember when I mentioned in my last post that Garrett had a Saturday completely OFF this last summer?  We made the most of it!  We drove down to a little fishing town nearby (on the Gulf side) and spend the afternoon there.  It was awesome.

It's only about 45 minutes away and hardly anyone was there, which was the best part.  There was a great park right on the beach, which the girls loved.  And we didn't even have to set up the little beach tent for shade, since we just set up camp under our very own palm tree.





We spent a few hours at the beach, then walked over to a little strip of shops and seafood restaurants that were right on the water.  We randomly chose a restaurant and had a delicious dinner.  There was even a live band, which was fun (& loud!).

Ellie got chicken fingers.... there's always one person, it seems.

Abbie got shrimp, which was the best choice of any of us (we peeled off the batter, though).  It was probably the best shrimp I've ever had.

Olivia shared everyone's meal

Garrett & I split a platter of three kinds of blackened fish, onion rings, and veggies.

It was so fun to have a whole day to spend together as a family.  It really was an ideal day.  I hope we can go back again soon!

1 comment:

sos said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. The beach looks wonderful!