Monday, September 2, 2013

101 Update

Still working on my 101 goals.... it's time to get serious because I only have just over 7 months left!

14. Family history project - work on it with my grandparents

There was a separate goal of scanning all the slides from my grandparents' house, but this is a separate family history goal.  I helped my aunt and grandma upload over 100 photos onto Familysearch.org.  We labeled ("tagged") everyone so that all my relatives can see them in their own Familysearch accounts.  We also typed up some stories, letters and obits.  It was a lot of fun.



48. Go to the dentist (I have only been once since I got married.... oops)

Ok, so I sort of did this back in May.  A guy at church was graduating from dental school and needed to do some very specific types of fillings -- between the teeth -- for his finals.  He did free exams to see if people needed any done.  Well, I promise you I brush my teeth at least twice a day, but I always have cavities between my teeth.  Always, every single checkup for years I would have at least one that needed to be filled.  I figured that since it's been so long since I've seen a dentist, for sure I would have at least a couple for him to choose from.  Plus, if I did need the work done, not only would it be done for free, but I would get paid $100.

How ironic that I had no cavities between my teeth?  I good thing, I guess.  Maybe I already have fillings between all my teeth?  Anyway he also told me that I don't need any fillings anywhere, but that a few might need to be replaced in the next year or so.

60. Pack Garrett's lunches for him for 1 month

I usually help Garrett pack his lunches (or, midnight snack depending on the shift).  I haven't ever done it for a month straight, but I have helped consistently and that was my goal.  It's been impossible to do it for a straight month because I don't think he has worked "days" for a straight month for at least a full year.  Lots of mid shifts, late shifts, and overnights.

17. Give up soda for good

Done!  Honestly I will probably have one here or there but I will never again drink it regularly (and even "regularly" for me was only about once a week)


More to blog about this week, like the first day of school and other happenings around here.  Stay tuned!

No comments: