Like I said in my blog post last week, I've been busy quilting lately! Garrett and I took some pictures of my quilts over Christmas break.
This one is a favorite. It's pretty big for a baby quilt -- it would be perfect for a toddler bed or even an adult lap quilt. The patterns have a nautical theme to them, so I did triangles and simple straight line quilting. I love this one! The back is just solid white.
This one I really love, too! When I was fabric shopping online over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, I randomly came across this fabric bundle and added it to my cart on a whim. It turns out that they are gorgeous in person and so nice and soft. This quilt actually sold soon after I posted a picture of it on my Instagram account (I got a new IG account for my quilting projects - @riseandshinequilts . I'm "listing" my quilts there first to try to avoid Etsy fees.)
This baby quilt was a custom order and it was really fun to make. I love pinwheel quilts.
Three quilts, ready to be mailed out:
I made this herringbone quilt and I'm in love with how it turned out!
I made a mint one with a navy binding, too:
... with metallic dots on the back
And THIS.... this is my baby! Haha. I started this last summer and was finally able to finish it after I bought my sewing machine. The quilt pattern is called "Fireworks" by Camille Roskelley, and I actually used Camille's "Vintage Modern" line of fabric as well. I love how it turned out!
Not too bad for my first time doing "fancy" free-motion quilting!
Another close-up
It feels so fun to have found something I really enjoy doing - I feel like I found my passion! I love trying new techniques and connecting with other quilters and I have a lot of big ideas for future quilts and projects. I'm really excited!


1 comment:
Beautiful!!
Post a Comment