
Garrett and I had quite a scare this last Monday night. We were sitting at home watching Arrested Development when all of a sudden we heard a very loud CRACK, then a BOOM and the entire house shook. We just looked at each other in terror and I was seriously so scared. Honestly, I don't think I have ever been so scared. Garrett later said he thought someone was breaking into the house but I thought a tree had fallen onto the house. It turned out that both of us were wrong, but I was close. A huge branch fell from a tree outside our house and landed on the power lines (and cable lines and phones lines) that were going from the street to our house, ripping down a metal conduit pole on our house, and also ripping the meter off of the side of the house. Strangely, we still somehow had power, but it was so scary to have the live power lines on the ground outside our house! So we called the power company and finally around 11:45 that night they came and said they had to cut our power off, which was ok since we were going to go to bed anyway. The next day we cleared the branches and had an electrician come fix the meter box, and then Comcast and BellSouth and the power company each had to come and fix their lines. It was a long day but thankfully everything got done in good time, because we had to head back to Savannah later that afternoon.
This picture below is from after we lost power. Yeah yeah, Emma, I'm sure you probably don't like it. Is it as creepy as my old facebook pic?

1 comment:
hahaha- no picture showed up. So WAY better than your facebook, suckah.
Post a Comment