Monday, January 21, 2008

One of My Biggest Regrets


Garrett and I were married in August 2004 (NOT a regret!!!). The same week we were married, Google stock went public. I remember considering buying a few stocks, but the price tag was pretty hefty ($100 a share) and we just didn't have the funds to risk. Also, with the whirlwind of the wedding, I just plain forgot. Anyway, this is probably one of my biggest regrets! Is that lame? You probably won't think it's lame when you learn that Google stock is now worth over $600 a share and it continues to rise. So now the question remains... should people still buy it? When my parents were young-marrieds in 1983, they had the opportunity to purchase a stock in Birkshire Hathaway for $250 per share, but unfortunately, they didn't have the money for it back then. Today, Birkshire Hathaway is trading for over 130k dollars per share (yes, one hundred and thirty THOUSAND dollars!). So the question remains... is Google still worth it? My vote is yes, but again, no funds. Come back and read my blog in 20 years, and I can almost assure you I'll be writing yet another regretful post.

Oh well. It's only money, right?

3 comments:

Abs said...

If you are going to leave stingingly sarcastic comments on my blog then my only option is to do the same on yours...I'll get back to you.

Hannah said...

I'll be ready

Abs said...

Still embarrassed to be my friend huh?