Friday, January 25, 2008

The Personal Versatile Countertop Magician

Most people don't know this, but I LOVE the Magic Bullet infomercial! It's hilarious! If I'm flipping through channels and I see that it's on TV, I will always watch this over any other show. Mick and Mimi (the hosts of the show) have a bunch of crazy people sitting at their countertop while they demonstrate the wonders of this "ultimate countertop magician". They show them how to make guacamole, a ham and cheese omelet, broccoli cheddar soup, blueberry muffins, chocolate mousse, margaritas, banana muffins, salsa, bean dip, coffee, mixed berry smoothies, pesto, a chicken salad sandwich, nacho cheese, a glass of vegetable juice, and a chocolate-chocolate chip peppermint milkshake. Even Hazel, the chain-smoking aunt, seems to get excited over the Magician, because, according to her, "Dinner is always a production". And, it even makes six different kinds of frozen drinks! It's "the ultimate party machine"!

One of my favorite parts, however, is the voice-over telling everyone how wonderful this personal magician is. Keeping in line with the "laws" that all infomercials seem to have, they show (in black and white) someone grating cheese like it's the hardest thing they've ever done. Cut to full color, with someone tossing a whole chunk of cheese into the Magic Bullet, because it'll grate the cheese for you!!! Then, cut to black and white again, while someone is chopping an onion like it's the hardest thing in the world to do. Cut back to full color... the Magic Bullet will chop it for you!!

I don't have a Magic Bullet, but clearly I desperately need one. According to Mick and Mimi, I've been living in the Dark Ages without one. Everyone in the world should have a Magic Bullet. 30 Minute Meals?? Move over, Rachael Ray. With the Magic Bullet in my kitchen, I can have food on the table in less than 2 minutes.

What's your favorite infomercial?

This is not a paid advertisement. I do not really want a Magic Bullet.

5 comments:

Abs said...

I'm really glad you added the smaller print. And I can't believe you know the hosts' names. I think you need another kid to keep you busy.

Abs said...

On a nicer note, I like the title of your blog as-is. And the about me description is really cute!

Emma and John said...

Seriously, it sounds like Mick and Mimi are close friends of yours. I hate that infomercial! But i have seen it twice. My fav is the omelet.

Anonymous said...

I was about to mail you an extra Magic Bullet I have (buy one, get one free) but then I read the disclaimer....sorry Hannah!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6EyQ_ihOI&feature=related

My favorite is Berman!!! He reminds me of Dan Eldredge!

This is Stephanie Sardinha (Wysocki) by the way and I came accross your link on Linda's Facebook and I too will watch this one for a good five minutes no matter what else is on... it just sucks you in!