Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Meet Virginia

Last weekend we met up with Garrett's parents and drove to Virginia to spend a few days. Garrett's best friend Adam graduated from Southern Virginia University on Saturday, so it was the perfect excuse to get away for the weekend and spend some time with family and friends.

We had a WONDERFUL time!! I just loved it. The drive was beautiful, which just reinforced my determination to live in Virginia someday (or North Carolina, or Maryland, or Pennsylvania... those states are so beautiful!). Garrett loved our weekend away too, and it was so nice for him because he is pretty much officially DONE with his second year of medical school! His last test was last Friday, so it was the perfect weekend to get away and have some fun and relax.



A shot of the graduates.


Adam was surprised to see us! He didn't know we had even come until just then.
Congratulations, Adam!
Playing soccer in the motel's yard.
We played baseball too. And Bocce ball, but I didn't get pictures of that.
Walking along the river.
Taking some downtime at the motel.
Lunch at Salerno in Lexington... SO good!
Weee!
Group shot.
The kids.
I love the old buildings on campus.
Swinging
Garrett and Jared (Jared just got into medical school in AZ! Congrats, Jared!)
This one's for you, Lauren! I'm actually surprised this picture turned out so well at 65 mph.
Look at that view!


Congrats again to Adam for graduating. It sounds like he has a great job lined up, so we are very excited for him. Now, we are crossing our fingers for Jackie and Jared to get into school in VA (which is their #1 choice), so we can have more excuses to visit again in the future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart VA too. We're heading up for a visit with my grandmother when Anita's in town with her new baby in a few weeks. Can't wait. They live in the Shenendoah Valley. Lots of Mennonites in buggies.

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, MY!!!! I got chills when I saw the picture!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!


*sigh* I love Virginia! I loved hearing all about your trip!

Now, I have that, "Meet Virginia" song in my head ;)

Lauren in GA said...

I love the other pictures, too! Like little Abby on your shoulders and flying through the air :)