After my Dad finished with the Air Force, our family moved to Orem, UT, where he went back to BYU to get his Master's Degree. I remember before we moved, we had a Family Home Evening where we voted on where we wanted to live: we could live in a house my grandpa owned in Provo, or we could live in Orem in my aunt and uncle's basement apartment. Of course, we chose the latter, because it included cousins.
It was a GREAT choice. We lived in an awesome location - just steps away from a movie theater, pool, and a huge park with many playgrounds. We had such a good time living there.
One of our favorite things to do with our cousins was to put on plays for our parents and anyone else who would sit and watch us. We did dance shows, roller skating shows, regular plays.. basically anything that put us in the spotlight to be admired. The girls were all in ballet, so oftentimes we'd come home and make up our own shows and performances. One year, our ballet company was putting on "The Snow Queen", so naturally, we did our own "Snow Queen" at home too. It was especially fun because our brothers would join us. I think that most of this "home show" was adapted from the Faerie Tale Theater version. Anyway, I remember that in one scene of our show, Emma (the Snow Queen) ate a cracker, and I thought we were going to get in trouble because eating in my aunt and uncle's living room was absolutely forbidden.
Anyway, here are some pictures of shows throughout the years (not all of them are from UT)...
This might have been a roller skating show, since we're outside
The Snow Queen


4 comments:
Those ballet outfits were from the Snow Queen (the REAL show). Mom made them, remember? Amazing! I think that was the last time I did the splits. Oh my gosh, so many good memories from Orem! I loved it there.
Awesome post. Tell your sister, because she would probably think me really weird to leave a comment on her post, to try cooking her bread for longer on a lower temperature: 325 from 350 etc.
What?? You didn't post the other performing pic? I put it up just for you because you guys look awesome.
Those are some fabulous pictures. I really enjoyed the gorilla with the blonde wig and coconut bra. Now that is one to remember :)
I finally caught up on your posts...sorry, I got so behind :)
Post a Comment