Maui was awesome! We left on a Friday night after putting Abby to bed, which actually made it really easy to leave... almost TOO easy. I mean, it doesn't really count that we were gone that night because she didn't even know we had left.
Our flights on Saturday were great, (LONG, but very enjoyable because I could do whatever I wanted to) and miraculously, we had no delays or lost luggage (on either end of the journey). The way there was especially fun because we had a long layover in SLC, so Garrett and I got to see Emma (my sister), Chris (her 18-month-old), and Jenna (friend)!
After Church on Sunday everyone took naps for a couple hours (the time change was rough), so while they slept Garrett and I took a little drive around Wailea, just checking out the area. We just HAD to check out the beach... it was beautiful!
Anyway, the whole week went by in a blur. I did miss Abby, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. It would have just been too hard to have her there. During nearly every activity, Garrett and I would look at each other and just say, "Wow, this would be really rough if Abby was here right now." It was just wonderful to be together and do our own thing without having any responsibilities except for ourselves (and getting everyone out the door on time, but that actually wasn't too difficult!).
First time visiting the beach
We took a boat ride and went snorkeling
All the kids on the beach
Walking along the beach before the Luau
The whole family (minus Abby)
We drove the Road to Hana - this is in Hana
Garrett and Jared spent over an hour climbing a coconut tree / breaking open coconuts / trying to eat them. And they tasted pretty gross.
The biggest Banyan Tree in North America - it covers over 2/3 of an acre!
Thanks SO MUCH to Garrett's parents for this great vacation, and thanks Brenna & Jesse for planning it. Garrett and I are in charge of planning next year's trip, and we're excited!

5 comments:
Finally!! I have been waiting to hear about your trip! Looks like you guys had a blast. :)
You look so tan! I really need to go there. It looks so relaxing.
I am sooooo jealous!! Going to the beach in Oregon is going to be awesome, but it won't be Maui!
Wow, looks and sounds like so much fun! I want to go to Hawaii so bad! :) Maybe someday. Anyway I am so glad that you guys enjoyed your trip. I know that Abby had a great time with her grandparents. We can't wait to see you guys and get back to the routine of school/dinnergroup. Yeah 3rd year! :)
Great pictures!!!! The water looks amazing in that beach shot! I am so glad you had fun and that you had no problems with losing baggage or anything :)
Post a Comment