Abby:
Pushing Ellie around on the "sleigh"
Eating dumdums
Making her "signature mark" on every piece of paper she comes across
Dressing up
Building cities
Ellie:
riding in the sleigh
Dressing up (Snow White). (sidenote: what is it about laying down a quilt or any other sewing project, that makes kids immediately run to it and jump all over it? I was going to baste this quilt but every time I laid it on the floor, Ellie immediately ran to it and sat down in the middle of it. I tried laying another finished quilt down somewhere else to distract her, but she was not interested in it at all.)
Chillaxin' (that's "chilling" + "relaxing", mom)
Rocking those pigtails
Still wearing things on her head...
Still not eating much.....
Just being cute in general.
Could YOU say "no" to that face?? I know I can't.
Funny "side" story about Ellie. Last week, Abby got a gift from Garrett's parents in the mail: a game that contains about 30 marbles. Yes, MARBLES. Naturally, Ellie grabs a fistful and puts them in her mouth. I fish them out and slap her hand, hoping that she understood it was naughty (of course, she did). About an hour later I'm on the phone with my mom and I glance over at Ellie. She is looking at me intently, with a small smile on her lips. She is holding a marble, and tapping it gently on her smirking lips. "Ellie," I warn, in my best "authoritative" voice. Next thing I know, she runs to the corner of the room, turns around and looks at me, and starts licking the marble. Sooo naughty... but what else could I do but laugh?? (after I turned my face away, of course)
Garrett:
playing with the kids (I know, lame picture.... he's been gone a lot this month so I really don't have any shots of him)
Practicing some new photography techniques, courtesy of Ellie's lamb
Making about $7.89 /hour during his internal medicine rotation.
Hannah:
Working on some projects (quilt, above). Diaper clutch (below). My friend Abbie made me the cutest diaper clutch when Ellie was born, so I made one for my friend Haley who just had a baby boy. A couple of my other friends have also had babies recently (including Abbie!) so I am working on gifts for them, too.
-House hunting online, and contacting people in Gainesville for various reasons.
-Clearly NOT doing my childrens' hair every day (see first picture)
-Trying to make meals out of random pantry items. I have not been grocery shopping in almost three weeks because last time I went to Sam's/Walmart, I used up my entire month's grocery budget except for $10, which I used for cake mix and milk. Tomorrow is February, though, and you better believe I am going shopping this week! We are even out of cheese if you can believe that. And eggs.
-Playing "Words with Friends" (scrabble game) on my ipod. Play against me! hcbox19
-Watching a lot of "Toy Story 3" with the girls (and trying not to cry at the end)
-Putting off writing my "Big New Year's Resolution" post because that would mean I'm committed to start following it. No, I haven't started yet. But I did start the post about 3 weeks ago.
-Oh and one of my "mini" resolutions was to go to bed earlier. The mere fact that I am finishing up this post at 1 a.m. tells me I'm not ready for that. (name the show)
-Working on church stuff
-Trying to decide who to cheer for in the Super Bowl. It's basically my mom's team (Packers) vs my dad's team (Steelers). (When the Pats aren't playing, of course). Any recommendations? I'd prefer to cheer for the winning team. Also, I can easily be bought.
-Crossing my fingers that we can even watch the Super Bowl online somewhere.
-And, speaking of sports, I am trying really, really hard not to cry when I see pictures like this:
I am so stinking jealous of BYU students right now.
-Clearly NOT doing my childrens' hair every day (see first picture)
-Trying to make meals out of random pantry items. I have not been grocery shopping in almost three weeks because last time I went to Sam's/Walmart, I used up my entire month's grocery budget except for $10, which I used for cake mix and milk. Tomorrow is February, though, and you better believe I am going shopping this week! We are even out of cheese if you can believe that. And eggs.
-Playing "Words with Friends" (scrabble game) on my ipod. Play against me! hcbox19
-Watching a lot of "Toy Story 3" with the girls (and trying not to cry at the end)
-Putting off writing my "Big New Year's Resolution" post because that would mean I'm committed to start following it. No, I haven't started yet. But I did start the post about 3 weeks ago.
-Oh and one of my "mini" resolutions was to go to bed earlier. The mere fact that I am finishing up this post at 1 a.m. tells me I'm not ready for that. (name the show)
-Working on church stuff
-Trying to decide who to cheer for in the Super Bowl. It's basically my mom's team (Packers) vs my dad's team (Steelers). (When the Pats aren't playing, of course). Any recommendations? I'd prefer to cheer for the winning team. Also, I can easily be bought.
-Crossing my fingers that we can even watch the Super Bowl online somewhere.
-And, speaking of sports, I am trying really, really hard not to cry when I see pictures like this:
I am so stinking jealous of BYU students right now.

3 comments:
Aww I miss those girls. I want to cuddle with Ellie. Come visit.
I totally did the same thing last month with my grocery budget. I'm so glad it's february!!
Abs just made a diaper bag clutch for Jannet. I loved it.
I am digging that sleigh. I love how Abby always includes Ellie.
Post a Comment