Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More random-ness

Well Garrett has hijacked our Netflix DVD queue, and we've been getting strange movies ever since.  "The A-Team", anyone?  It's okay though... he is so good to watch my various chick flick shows with me so the least I can do is let him choose the DVD's we get in the mail, especially on a month when he's actually home in the evenings to watch them.

We had a great weekend - Garrett came to Church with us, which was so nice. It was only the second time he's been able to come since before Thanksgiving (besides once over Christmas break, I guess.  Anyway, his new Sunday School class still doesn't know who he is!).  It was Stake Conference last weekend, which is usually difficult with the kids (two hours with no nursery) but they actually did well and I got a lot out of both sessions that we went to.

Enjoyed the Super Bowl, as always.... apologies to Siebachs everywhere but I decided to cheer for the Packers this year.  I made sure to call my mom after the game and say congrats - she was in a house full of Steeler fans so I felt bad for her. :)  I made a great taco soup recipe and texted my brother every time there was a monkey commercial (which, okay, was only once.  Unfortunately.). (Have I ever mentioned how much I love texting?  It's so fun to be able to just send someone a message any time of day without really interrupting them if they are busy and can't talk.  I love that I was able to text my brother "I'm sure you loved that careerbuilder website", and he immediately replied, "I already replayed it a couple times".  Hahaha.)

Life is just busy as usual.  Youth activities at Church have been keeping my busy.  I'm in charge of the girls who are 14-15 and I really like them a lot.  There are some really outgoing girls who are willing to take charge which is great, and a couple other girls who I would love to see come out of their shells a little bit.   All in all, it's a great group and I'm happy to be working with them.

Other things keeping me busy right now: playing and reading books with the girls, reading my library books, cleaning up (always cleaning up), trying to work on getting pre-approved for a mortgage, watching "Despicable Me" (Abby's latest favorite.. she always forgets what it's called so she calls it "Rob & Haley's movie", since that's where she watched it first).  I also finally (finally!!) found a workout that is working. Pretty excited about that, too.

Oh, and I'm also busy deleting pictures off my ipod.  Did you know that a 4-year-old can take over 100 pictures in less than 5 minutes??

4 comments:

sos said...

What's the name of the workout?

Jon and Molly Knight said...

I was cheering for the Packers, too. We must love mom or something.
I love texting too. I just hate when peeps don't text me back...ahem.
Yeah, what's the workout?

Lauren in GA said...

Have you served in Young Women's most of your married life? I am betting so...'cause you are awesome.

Brenna Bee said...

so, yeah, everyone wants to know what this miracle workout is....i'm curious.