Monday, May 23, 2011

Big day in D.C.

We had a great time in Washington D.C. on Saturday.  We left the house early and met up at the D.C. Temple for our ward temple day.  It was nice to be there with almost everyone from our ward, and it was especially nice that the youth were watching the kids, so Garrett and I didn't have to take turns outside.  After the temple, we picked the kids up from the Visitors Center and headed downtown to see some sites.

Seeing the Christus at the Visitors Center.

Abby at the temple.  I just love the D.C. Temple - it's the first temple I ever went inside, and I just love how big and majestic it is.  I took a couple trips here as a youth and it was always so much fun.

This is how Garrett feels about driving in big cities:
At one point he asked me, "How do you find these obscure places to eat??  'Most-awkward-to-get-to dot com'?"  Haha sorry honey!

Ellie doesn't seem to mind:

And Abby doesn't mind either, as long as she's watching a movie (we have a little portable tv on the back of my head rest):

We had a late lunch/early dinner at Seventh Hill Pizza.  I just love fire baked pizza.  We sat outside and the weather was just perfect.

Then we went to the Lincoln Memorial, where we let the kids run around on the lawn for a while.  Oh, and Asian people kept coming up to our kids and blatantly taking pictures of them.

Abby got ahold of my camera and it was all over from there:








Yup, gas was over $5!  Thankfully we never had to buy gas in the city.

On our way out we stopped at Baked & Wired for some gourmet cupcakes/desserts.  They were really good and just the right amount of sugar to get us home around 11pm.

It was a full day but so much fun to spend time together and with Rob & Haley.  It was also one of the first times for us to be in D.C. without major crowds, which is always nice (although, you just really can't escape the crowds in a place like D.C.).  But we got to go to the Temple, see fun things downtown, and eat at fun, new places (i.e., non chain restaurants), so it was a huge success in my book.  Garrett took some better pics with his camera so I'll share some of those tomorrow.

1 comment:

pcubed said...

Looks like a good time! I can't get over how great you and Haley look after 2 kids!! Great pics. :)