We spent some time in Pennsylvania in July. All the girls (my sisters, sister-in-law, and I) went for a week, and then all the husbands met us for the second week.
Emma was a master at the BBQ (turns out Shauna is, too! I should have taken some lessons!):
My girls learned all about guns and how to make them:
Grandma playing guitar for the kids:
The four oldest (Chris, Abby, Carter, Marian) had sleepovers in the basement most nights. I think they had a blast (here they are "posing" for me):
Catching crawdads in the creek:
My aunt generously donated some outdoor toys for the kids to play on while there were there. It was a lifesaver!
Abby just LOVED Shauna's 4-month-old twins.
Tractor rides with Grandpa:
Ellie & Courtney.. it was so fun to have Courtney with us for 11 days!! She came to help Shauna with the kids (and, let's face it, to see ME!):
Making s'mores:
A couple times during the trip, Great-Grandpa took the oldest kids out for Ranger rides in the woods and around the fields. He brought snacks and drinks and they would be gone for over an hour. They loved it (and so did the moms!):
More creek fun:
Watering the plants with grandma. The kids also liked visiting her garden and picking all the zucchini and cucumbers:
Sitting on my parents' porch (it was bright!):
Tire swing:
Ellie & Hamilton. These two were both born in July 2009, but the similarities stop there. :)
Grandpa paid the kids to pick up small rocks that he had dropped when he was moving them on his tractor:
Ranger rides with Grandma:
More s'mores!
We went blueberry picking (it was bright outside, sorry Carter!):
Ellie got stung on her ankle by something, so she opted to just eat blueberries and watch us pick:
Quiet time:
Out to eat!:
I took this picture as I was leaving the restaurant... I guess John didn't get the memo that it was time to leave:
Ellie's toy that she picked out at the dollar store (they spent their money from picking up the rocks):
Fireworks!
Grandma & Marian watching the fireworks:
Mike & Hamilton:
We even had some big fireworks at the end! It was pretty neat (I know I just said in a post last week about how much I dislike fireworks... but this was a pretty controlled situation and there wasn't any chaos so it was okay with me!):
We attempted to have some pictures taken one evening:
The farm. My parents live in the little farmhouse on the left, and my grandparents live in the big house on the right (which is also where all the guests stay):
We did a lot of 1000-piece puzzles. Like, 8 or 9, probably. It was fun!
"Just Dance" competition... Emma & Garrett had quite the rivalry going!
Making tie-dyed tees for the kids:
Ice cream:
Cute boys:
Chris helping Grandma:
Garrett was able to get some fishing in, most days:
Ellie with Uncle Jon (both my sisters married John/Jons! It got a little confusing sometimes):
Making rice crispy treats with Grandma (I just realized that I never got any of these!):
My cousin Elza came for a visit:
Mom made her incredible buttermilk bread... couldn't get enough!
More Emma vs. Garrett:
Molly put together a fun little scavenger hunt for the kids. It was really fun!
The 6 oldest kids (minus JB and the twins):
We got to see Great-Grandpa's new barn (he hired some Amish people to build it):
We busted out the slingshot one day. This was a project that "Molly" made in high school (thanks Dad):
Mike blessed the twins:
We finally got a game of Mexican Train in, on our last night there (Garrett and I were the last to leave):
We had such a great time in Pennsylvania this year and I hope we can make it a tradition! Thanks Mom & Dad (& Grandma & Grandpa) for all your generosity and hosting us for so long! We hope you didn't get too tired of us!

2 comments:
Wonderful memories...thanks for the pictures. We miss all of you!!
Thanks for taking all of those pictures!! Can't wait for next time!
Post a Comment