Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas with the Greats

Great Grandpa & Great Grandma with the Great grandkids

We were met with a wonderful surprise when we pulled up to Garrett's parents house in Savannah for Christmas.  Garrett's grandparents were visiting from Phoenix!  They came to surprise all of us.  It was so much fun.  We hadn't seen them since Garrett's medical school graduation 2.5 years ago.

Merrill and Judy are a huge inspiration to me.  Merrill's wife died from lupus when Garrett's dad was 9 years old, and she left 4 kids.  Judy's husband died in a boating accident when she was 27 years old and pregnant with her fifth boy.  Merrill and Judy met and married a few years later and have two children together, so that's 11 kids total.  I have a hard time keeping everyone straight (especially since I don't think I've even met them all...) but it's a big, fun family.  It was so nice to spend some quality time with Garrett's grandparents and get to know them a bit better.  After the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve, we had a very nice discussion/testimony meeting with them and it was wonderful.  I got to hear some stories of Garrett's ancestors (there's some great pioneer heritage there) and that was really inspirational.

And I was so grateful that they could get to know Abby, Ellie, & Olivia.  Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for coming to see us!  Hopefully someday we'll be able to make the trek out to Arizona to come see all the family there.

No comments: