Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winners & Losers

It's been a while since I've posted about recent recipes that I've made.  I always love to hear/read about what other people are making/eating so here are just a few of our latest:

(all pictures are from the original recipes)


Cajun chicken alfredo. I nearly followed this recipe to a T, but left out the goat cheese and only used parmesan instead of a blend of cheese.  This was so, so good!!  Will definitely make again, and probably soon.  Garrett said it tastes a lot like something he loves from Macaroni Grill.


Best ever chewy chocolate chip cookies.  I love homemade chocolate chip cookies.  These did not disappoint... in fact, this is our new go-to recipe.  We followed the recipe exactly and they were perfect.


Pumpkin & sage ravioli.  I love butternut squash ravioli, so I thought this would be a real winner.  Sadly, we didn't love it very much (well, Abby did, surprisingly.. she ate all the leftovers the next day).

(4 of 9)
Simple baked sweet potatoes.  Really easy and delicious.  Great side dish.


Sweet Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cream and Toasted Walnuts #Thanksgiving
Sweet potatoes with gorgonzola cream and toasted walnuts.  Eh... I thought that the gorgonzola was a bit strong for the sweet potatoes.  I also discovered that I don't love walnuts very much.. they are really dry.  Won't make again.


TPW_5312
Perfectly cooked salmon.  Just drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and put it into a cold oven.  Turn the oven to 400 degrees, then pull the salmon out after 25 minutes. It was delicious!


Lasagna soup.  I love lasagna, I love soup.  So, obviously I love this.  I used some spicy italian sausage and some mild.  It came out really well.

Obviously I've been following a bit of a "fall" theme and I've loved it.  I love hot food but it's so hard to make in the summer, so I really try to do all that I can during these colder months.

2 comments:

sos said...

I'm going to try some of those. They look great! Thanks!

pcubed said...

These sound awesome!! Thanks for sharing.