Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Since Thanksgiving..

The holiday season has been good to us so far--

We went to Savannah for Thanksgiving.  Two of my sisters-in-law are doing the "Insanity" workout so I joined in a couple times.  The kids also decided to try it out:

Olivia.  Her hair looked reddish in this picture but it's not in real life.

Garrett and I love Mexican Train, and we were able to get some good games in with Garrett's Grandma.  I love low-key games that let you just sit around and chat while you play.

Ellie helped Aunt Katie make a cake:

I loved keeping Thanksgiving low-key.  Paper plates and plastic cups?  Yes please.

Abby loved doing nails with Aunt Katie... she also got a haircut from her, which was fun.

Ellie waiting patiently for a piece of cake.

Chillin' on the couch with Grandma and Grandpa

Ellie & Gavin

The girls with Uncle Rylan.  This was an especially memorable holiday because I am sure we will always think of it as "the time that Rylan was obsessed with Sasquatch, aka "Bigfoot".  It was hilarious.  In fact, we even spotted a Bigfoot one night when we were there.  It was pretty intense. ;)

Garrett's sister & her family

After Thanksgiving, we got our Christmas tree the first opportunity we got.  We wanted to be able to enjoy it as long as possible!  We had fun decorating the tree one evening with the girls.

Olivia is all smiles

We went to a winter festival in our city a couple weeks ago.  The big draw was that there was going to be real snow.  We were pretty excited but it ended up being really lame.  Like, REALLY lame... there was a small patch of snow that was impossible to get to because there were so many people on top of it, and then there was literally nothing else to do unless you wanted to pay $3 a person to ride a little train around the parking lot.

Oh, but we did find Cinderella's coach!  That was fun.... but still didn't really make the horrendous traffic worth it, I'm afraid.

The girls have been making forts in the playroom:

Olivia still sleeps.... and sleeps... and sleeps.

Abby & Ellie love curbs.  Every time we walk anywhere, they want to walk on the curb so they can balance like a gymnast (or, a "mastics girl", as Ellie says):

I've been doing some sewing lately... mostly gifts.  I got this idea from the blog "Homemade by Jill".

The girls have been getting filthy outside.  There is a dirt patch in our backyard and it will be the death of me.

Ellie is making a fashion statement, as always:

But don't worry, I do make her change before we go into public.  Here she is, being my Target helper:

I had to chase her around the car a couple times.  She squealed, "You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!!"

By Abby: "My favorite kind of dinner chicken noodle soup".  I really love this reading and writing stage that Abby is in.

We went to a Christmas carnival last weekend and the girls got their faces painted.  We also saw Santa... he arrived in a helicopter!  Probably a nice change from his usual transportation of sleigh and reindeer.


On Saturday night, Santa showed up at our church's Christmas party!  The girls were so excited.  Abby asked for some Barbies and Ellie asked for a bike horn.

Tummy time:

And finally, my latest quilt project.  I am loving it so far... maybe I'll have to keep it for myself instead of posting it to my etsy shop.

No comments: