3. Donate blood
I did not do this. No real good excuse, although for part of my 1001 days I was pregnant or nursing. I tried to donate blood a few times in high school but it never really worked out... they either couldn't find a vein at all, or my blood didn't pump out fast enough. I will probably include this again on my next round.
I did not do this. No real good excuse, although for part of my 1001 days I was pregnant or nursing. I tried to donate blood a few times in high school but it never really worked out... they either couldn't find a vein at all, or my blood didn't pump out fast enough. I will probably include this again on my next round.
6. Updated family picture (with Olivia), hang it up somewhere
This did not get done. I will definitely include it on the next round!
8. Start (and keep up with) memory books/journals for my kids (probably in private-blog form, and they can be printed and bound into books every couple of years)
I did start this last month.
I did start this last month.
16. Make bread and deliver it to 5 people for no real reason
Nope. :(
Nope. :(
21. Read "Gone with the Wind"
Nope
Nope
22. Make a rack of lamb for dinner
Nah, too expensive.
Nah, too expensive.
23. Organize our pictures on the hard drive (delete copies), and back them up somewhere else besides the hard drive (discs maybe?).
Didn't do this. I think I will back them up on Dropbox though. Next round?
Didn't do this. I think I will back them up on Dropbox though. Next round?
24. Create a will with Garrett
I tried to start this but it didn't get done. Next round for sure. It's important!
I tried to start this but it didn't get done. Next round for sure. It's important!
25. Read the Book of Mormon in 1 month
Sadly, no.
Sadly, no.
26. Frame at least 4 pictures of ancestors and hang them somewhere in our house
I have 2 up....
I have 2 up....
27. Have complete 72-hour kits for all of us
No... wow I'm really starting to feel bad here.
No... wow I'm really starting to feel bad here.
28. Host two themed dinner parties (holiday, or a country)
No. meh.
No. meh.
29. See Abbie M., somehow! (meet up in NYC??) :) (Or maybe Palmyra?)
This didn't happen but it's likely to happen this summer!!
This didn't happen but it's likely to happen this summer!!
30. Make a cleaning schedule and stick to it for at least 2 months
No
No
33. Have at least 4 of Garrett's fellow radiology residents (& spouses) over for dinner (not all at once)
Did this!
Did this!
35. Play Jon Schmidt's "All of Me" on the piano for an audience (at least 6 people, nothing formal)
I came so close to being able to do this when we lived in Virginia. I was pretty darn good at it.. and I played it for my piano students once. So I'm going to count it!
I came so close to being able to do this when we lived in Virginia. I was pretty darn good at it.. and I played it for my piano students once. So I'm going to count it!
36. Make an "organization wall" to keep papers/coupons/keys/etc from cluttering up our counter tops
We got some bookshelves to help with this so I'm going to count it.
We got some bookshelves to help with this so I'm going to count it.
37. Make oversized envelopes like this and write love notes to my kids every day for a whole month
I actually did do this a couple of years ago, when I was pregnant with Olivia. I made them felt envelopes with their names stitched on them, and every night in Feb I wrote them a note or left them a little gift (I was making felt food at the time, so I left those as gifts). It was a lot of fun.
I actually did do this a couple of years ago, when I was pregnant with Olivia. I made them felt envelopes with their names stitched on them, and every night in Feb I wrote them a note or left them a little gift (I was making felt food at the time, so I left those as gifts). It was a lot of fun.
39. Organize my spices... replace the ones that are old and get rid of the ones I don't use (I still have some with my initials on them, meaning I had them when I had roommates at BYU)
This sort of happened...
This sort of happened...
40. Make this homemade memory game (or something similar) for something quiet for the girls to do at Church
Didn't happen.
Didn't happen.
43. Paint my pantry door
I was so burned out on painting after we moved in (I painted every room in the house, two coats, by myself) that I never got around to this. Now were are moving in a year so it's not worth it!
I was so burned out on painting after we moved in (I painted every room in the house, two coats, by myself) that I never got around to this. Now were are moving in a year so it's not worth it!
45. Learn to use coupons better and lower our grocery budget by 20%
I don't care what they say... coupons are mostly for junk food! We don't eat a lot of prepared foods, so it's hard for me to save much money. In fact, since moving to Florida, my grocery budget increased by at least 20%. Food prices are crazy here. I don't know anyone else who pays $4.19 for a gallon of milk?? (For real, our kids are only allowed to have milk at breakfast!). I have come to accept the fact that our monthly grocery/household budget is the same amount as our mortgage payment.
I don't care what they say... coupons are mostly for junk food! We don't eat a lot of prepared foods, so it's hard for me to save much money. In fact, since moving to Florida, my grocery budget increased by at least 20%. Food prices are crazy here. I don't know anyone else who pays $4.19 for a gallon of milk?? (For real, our kids are only allowed to have milk at breakfast!). I have come to accept the fact that our monthly grocery/household budget is the same amount as our mortgage payment.
46. Read the "Little House on the Prairie" series out loud with Abby
I started this last year but I think it was a little "old" for her.. I had to explain a lot so we stopped. I definitely want to start it up again soon though!
I started this last year but I think it was a little "old" for her.. I had to explain a lot so we stopped. I definitely want to start it up again soon though!
50. Send letters to 5 people who have influenced me in my life
No, this would have been nice though!
No, this would have been nice though!
51. Go camping
Does the back yard count?
Does the back yard count?
52. Make at least $300 selling stuff on Craigslist/eBay/yard sale
We made about $250 from what I can recall.... but I definitely want to add this to the next list since we will be moving TWICE during our next 1001 days!
We made about $250 from what I can recall.... but I definitely want to add this to the next list since we will be moving TWICE during our next 1001 days!
53. Back up the blogs
Whoops
Whoops
54. Make some reusable shopping bags and use them regularly
I reuse the Trader Joe's bags.. that counts.
I reuse the Trader Joe's bags.. that counts.
55. Make an authentic Taiwanese dinner for Garrett
Didn't happen
Didn't happen
58. Make a growth chart to hang on the wall, track the kids
I really wish I had done this, I still really want one. I helped my brother-in-law make on in December so maybe I could figure out how to do it on my own.
I really wish I had done this, I still really want one. I helped my brother-in-law make on in December so maybe I could figure out how to do it on my own.
61. Learn how to fold a fitted sheet
No one sees those anyway.
No one sees those anyway.
63. Learn how to use Lightroom better (it's like Photoshop but more user-friendly, in my opinion)
I feel like I can use Lightroom pretty well now, but I don't have the "workflow" down very well. I'd like to work on that.
I feel like I can use Lightroom pretty well now, but I don't have the "workflow" down very well. I'd like to work on that.
66. Start recycling more
Did this
Did this
71. Buy a necklace with my kids' initials stamped on it
I probably won't do this until I'm done having kids... then I can just get them all at once! That's my excuse.
I probably won't do this until I'm done having kids... then I can just get them all at once! That's my excuse.
78. Re-do my 3-month-supply menu plan and make a shopping list (food storage)
Just reading that practically put me to sleep.
Just reading that practically put me to sleep.
79. Learn how to use the weed-eater
I tried to do some yard work last summer but I put the wrong kind of gas in the mower. I give up.
I tried to do some yard work last summer but I put the wrong kind of gas in the mower. I give up.
80. Go to a Red Sox game (vs Tampa Bay?)
Yeah, like Garrett had ANY time off last year!
Yeah, like Garrett had ANY time off last year!
83. Do Jillian Michaels's Thirty Day Shred all the way through
Started it... found another workout I like much better though.
Started it... found another workout I like much better though.
84. Grow a successful herb garden
I would still love to do this.
I would still love to do this.
85. Learn how to use Garrett's Nikon better
Still a goal...
Still a goal...
88. For two weeks straight, get my workout done and be showered and ready for the day by 8 a.m (must work out at least 4 days each week)
This just doesn't work for me, for several reasons. For a while I was working out with friends in the evenings. Then, I was walking in the evenings, or going for runs in the mid-morning with my friend. My schedule changes so much that it doesn't make much sense to plan something like this. I wish I could, though.
This just doesn't work for me, for several reasons. For a while I was working out with friends in the evenings. Then, I was walking in the evenings, or going for runs in the mid-morning with my friend. My schedule changes so much that it doesn't make much sense to plan something like this. I wish I could, though.
91. Go to a fine arts performance at UF
Sadly didn't do this
Sadly didn't do this
94. Be in bed by 10:30 every night for two weeks (not reading... lights out)
I was pretty close to this a few months ago. I'll count it.
I was pretty close to this a few months ago. I'll count it.
95. Meet with a financial planner
Garrett and I did this last December. We met with a fantastic financial planner, mostly just to get to know him and his philosophies. He was really good, and very successful, but then we found a different group that specializes in doctors, so we will likely go with them instead. (It's weird to say they "specialize in doctors", but that's really what they do! Dr lifestyles are really unique because of the massive amount of debt they start out with, the huge liabilities they have hanging over them, etc. It will be nice to work with someone who is very familiar with our situation).
Garrett and I did this last December. We met with a fantastic financial planner, mostly just to get to know him and his philosophies. He was really good, and very successful, but then we found a different group that specializes in doctors, so we will likely go with them instead. (It's weird to say they "specialize in doctors", but that's really what they do! Dr lifestyles are really unique because of the massive amount of debt they start out with, the huge liabilities they have hanging over them, etc. It will be nice to work with someone who is very familiar with our situation).
Working on it!!

No comments:
Post a Comment