Abbie turned 7, Ellie turned 5, and Olivia turned 2. I can't believe how quickly my girls are growing up! I wish I could freeze time sometimes. I was looking back at pictures from when Abbie was a toddler, and when Ellie was a toddler... things were so easy back then! Of course, I'm sure I didn't feel like they were so easy at the time, but I sometimes I wish for the simplicity of those days. Things get harder when kids get older.
Garrett took his boards in June and became an entirely different person afterwards. Ha! I'm only sort of kidding, though. From around February-June he pretty much didn't do anything except sleep, work, eat, and STUDY. I'm not kidding at all. I don't think he took a single day off from studying. The second half of our year has definitely been much better, he's almost like a new person! Although, he is still very busy now that he is in his 5th (and final!) year of his residency. He's also a chief resident, in charge of 44 other residents in his program. I'm so proud of his achievements and all the hard work he puts into his career.
We went on many day trips to Disney, which I'm so happy about. To be totally honest, I think that buying passes to Disney has been one of our best purchases ever. We have had some great family time there and have made memories to last a lifetime. I will be so sad when our passes expire in February!
I have done a ton more quilting this past year and it has been a blast. I have over 2.5k followers on Instagram, and I have a few things coming up in January that will be giving me some pretty big exposure. I don't ever want to get too busy doing it, but I sure enjoy it as a hobby and it's been fun to make money from it.
At church -- Garrett is still a ward missionary and I have recently started teaching the Gospel Doctrine class, which I LOVE! I'm technically a youth Sunday School teacher, but I have been subbing in Gospel Doctrine for the last 6 weeks and I'm hoping they will keep me there permanently next year. It's definitely a challenging calling. I spend at least 4 hours a week preparing my lessons, but I am learning SO much and really enjoying it.
We have a lot to look forward to in 2015! We are moving to Madison, WI in June, which is starting to give me a little bit of anxiety. I have NO idea where we should live, I need to research schools, etc. I don't want Garrett to have a long commute, either. Hopefully we will get some leads soon. I need to get in contact with someone up there and start looking around more online. Sometimes I think it's a little harder to move somewhere just for a year... we don't need anything SUPER nice, but I don't want to live in a bad place either, even though it's temporary. We also need to sell our house here in Florida, but that's not too much of a concern for us because I'm pretty sure we already found a buyer. We are selling by owner, which should be an interesting experience, but the person who is (probably) buying it knows what they are doing so I expect that it will go smoothly.
Here's to a great (and busy!) 2015!


2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL family photo! We miss you guys! Glad that you had a good year and looking forward to the next.
Really you thought the toddler years were easy?! Man our boys are giving us a run for our money. Yesterday I took Skyler to see an ENT from damage caused by his older brother. Our house is pretty much none stop chaos with three very active boys. Wonder what a house full of girls would be like, hmmm? That is a completely foreign world to me. We will have to get together to catch up.
Lovely family photo! And I have to agree, the toddler years around here were (and are) all adorableness. The older years are so much harder. But they're really wonderful in their own ways too. Just gotta remind myself ... daily. :)
Post a Comment