First day of school
Both of the girls really like their teachers, which is great! Ellie had a wonderful teacher at the beginning of the year, but her class had too many students so after a month, 4 of them got transferred into a new class. Ellie was one of the "unlucky" ones to get switched (she was in the same class as 4 other friends from church), but it has ended up being just fine. Her new teacher is great - her husband is a resident also so we have a lot in common.
Another day at Disney! We went on Labor Day (and, it was shockingly EMPTY that day!!) and then again the next Saturday. Gotta go while our passes are still good!
Garrett loves the Dole Whip:
The girls were SO excited to meet Anna and Elsa. Usually the line is quite long (averages around 60-90 minutes on normal days, but I've seen it as long as 180 minutes!) but since the park was so quiet on Labor Day, we only waited about half an hour which was a miracle. We knew this was our only chance!
Olivia was a little shy:
Teacups:
The girls started tennis lessons in September. We found a tennis coach who lives in our neighborhood, so she has been doing lessons at our neighborhood tennis courts. It's been awesome!
This is how Garrett feels about car shopping, haha. We've been looking for a Honda Odyssey for several months now, but haven't bought anything yet (although we came REALLY close in August!). Since our Vue still runs fine, we aren't in a hurry so we're just waiting for the right deal to come along. Also, I'm kind of a brat about what kind I want. It has to be a 2011 or newer, have leather and a DVD player, and it has to be silver, black, gray, or maybe white. I figure that if we're going to spend a lot of money on a van, it might as well be one that I love, right? Ha. Garrett's also trying to convince me to look at Siennas but I just don't like them. Anyway, we haven't quite bitten the bullet yet but hopefully before we move to Wisconsin?
Olivia, dressing up in Abbie's dance recital costume:
Abbie finally brought home her artwork from school last year. I guess she was absent the day that they sent them home last year, so she finally got hers a few weeks ago. Grumpy Cat! I love it.
We had a little beach day one Saturday in September:
Helping Daddy make cookies:
"Pirate Day" at Krispy Kreme. They were giving out a dozen donuts to people who were dressed like pirates. We walked into the store and they immediately handed me 3 dozen donuts, one for each girl! Oh man they were sooo good. We dropped 2 dozen off at the hospital on the way home so that Garrett could share them.
The hospital had a BBQ for all the residents and their families. Garrett couldn't come so I brought the girls anyway. We had a great time!
And finally, pizza night! We love making pizza. The girls mostly love playing in (and eating) the piles of flour and cornmeal off the counter (??).

1 comment:
Thanks for the great pictures and storyline. Miss all of you!
Post a Comment