Garrett had a few vacation days in April, so we took the kids out of school one day and went to Clearwater Beach
Then she turned around and stared at the sand. And said, "I want to go to the pool."
She didn't like the sand, or the salty water. Haha.
She was pretty happy a few minutes later, though, eating pizza under the shade of the umbrella.
Garrett can't go to the beach without bringing his casting net.
He caught some fun little bait fish, which the girls loved playing with:
I love our day trips as a family. I love doing things with friends, but I've noticed that when we go places with friends, our kids go off and play with their buddies while Garrett and I chat with our friends. That's great, but we don't really spend time with our kids! I really like our family days when we do things with just us. We made some great memories that day.
But, it was also nice at the end of the day to let the kids put on their headphones and watch a movie on the way home, giving Garrett and me some time to talk and listen to our 90's jams up front. Ha.

No comments:
Post a Comment