Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happy Birthday


I loved having my birthday on a Sunday!  Garrett didn't have to work, and we got to spend the day together as a family.  It was so nice.  After church, a couple girlfriends and I went to the Parade of Homes around Gainesville.  It's a free event, which is awesome, and some of the homes are SO beautiful!  It's so fun to walk around and dream about future homes.  I don't think I will ever have a "parade"-worthy home, and I also don't want a huge home, but it's cool to see different features and get ideas.  Probably my favorite "feature" that we saw was a big kitchen cabinet next to a fridge... you know, one with tall doors that you would expect to maybe have brooms and mops and other cleaning supplies.  But, when you opened the cabinet it was actually a door to a huge walk-in pantry with a second fridge (just after I had remarked that the fridge in the kitchen seemed a little small considering the size of the house...).  It was awesome.

After spending a few hours at the Parade of Homes, I went home and then we went to my friend's house for dinner.  She made me Cafe Rio, which was delicious as always.  We had cheesecake for dessert.

And of course, no birthday is complete without sushi.  Garrett and I went out the night before my birthday and had amazing sushi at a place downtown.  Then, the week after my birthday, we had a girls' night and of course I chose sushi again (this time a place closer to home).  Thankfully I'm not the only one who loves sushi, so we got some rolls to share:


My friend Kate made these cookies for me!  She is so sweet.  It was such a fun night.

All in all, a great birthday.  Here's hoping my 32nd year is as great as the last!

No comments: