Sunday, April 6, 2008

100th Post!

Wow, this is my 100th post! Emma did a really cute post on her 100th, so I thought I should follow suit. I tried to get Garrett to contribute some things too, but he said he doesn't really do favorites... So here are 100 things about ME! Enjoy!

5 Favorite Books
1. The Standard Works
2. "The Firm" by John Grisham
3. "Go Forward With Faith" by Sheri Dew (Pres. Hinckley's biography)
4. "The Book of Virtues" by William Bennett (I can't wait to read this to my kids)
5. "The Work and the Glory" by Lund (the whole series)

5 Restaurants I Love
6. Happy Sumo
7. Tucano's
8. Sushi Ya
9. Newicks
10. Cafe Rio

5 Desserts I Crave
11. Cheesecake with berries
12. Angel Food Cake
13. Strawberry Shortcake
14. Chocolate chip cookies (I can never say no to these. Case in point: after I typed that, I took a break from writing this post, and went and made some choc chip cookies, and ate them.)
15. Blueberry cream cheese pie

10 Things you May Not Know about Me
16. I don't really like fruity candy (Skittles, Starbursts, Jelly Beans, etc) but I LOVE chocolate! Especially Dove and Lindt. And I love caramel-y chocolate things, like Reisins (YUM!)
17. I LOVE jewelry, especially rings (white and yellow gold). When I was really little, I remember wanting a ring every year for Christmas/Birthday for probably 5 years... you know, just one of those cheap ones with a cheap little gem (the 25 cent kind). I never got one. But I also don't remember actually telling my parents I wanted one, so... that was probably my fault.
18. My favorite flowers are probably tulips.
19. I'm not colorblind, but I always get the colors yellow and orange mixed up. If they are next to each other I can tell the difference and say which is which, but if you showed me something by itself and asked me if it was yellow or orange, I would have to think about it for a minute.
20. I am scared to death of roaches. If I see one in the house (or anywhere, really) I scream and run away. I really don't like any bugs in the house, but especially roaches.
21. I still don't step on cracks.
22. I HATE pork & beans. I will not eat them, ever. When I was 5 or 6 years old we had them for dinner, and since none of us kids were really eating them, Dad turned it into a contest to see who could finish theirs the fastest. I ate them all and almost threw up (even back then I hated them)! Molly won, but only because Dad ate some of hers to help her. Anyway, pork & beans are probably the only food I will absolutely refuse to eat.
23. I like folding the laundry if it's still warm. Sometimes if I leave clothes in the dryer for a few hours, I'll turn it on again for 5 minutes to heat them up again before I fold them.
24. I LOVE to read! There aren't many things better than curling up with a good book.
25. I hate to drive at night, especially on unfamiliar roads. And in the rain! If it's nighttime and raining, I try to stay home!

5 (Paid) Jobs I Have Had
26. Babysitter (you know, typical teen/pre-teen job)
27. Waitress (eh, it was ok)
28. Telemarketer (miserable, to say the least)
29. Sales Rep (I don't like sales)
30. HR Administrative Assistant (Best job ever - I love HR)

5 Favorite Places to Visit
31. My parents'/grandparents' farm in PA (so fun!)
32. Palmyra (tons of memories)
33. The beach (I love the ocean!)
34. Any Temple (obvious)
35. Anywhere with family, really (nothing is better than family!)

10 Places I Want to Visit
36. Oahu, HI (Pearl Harbor, Polynesian Center, BYU-H, Temple)
37. China (the Great Wall)
38. Jerusalem (The Holy Land)
39. The Grand Canyon (I've seen it from a plane...)
40. Nauvoo (Church History)
41. Mediterranean Cruise
42. Taiwan (Garrett's mission)
43. Norway (ancestry)
44. Germany (ancestry)
45. Alaska (Alaskan cruise!)

10 Favorite Foods
46. Sushi
47. Lobster
48. Berries
49. Pizza (Papa John's!)
50. Mashed potatoes with gravy
51. Cheese and crackers
52. Steak
53. Shrimp
54. Fettucine Alfredo
55. A really good salad

5 Favorite Stores
56. Target
57. Bath and Body Works
58. Bed, Bath, and Beyond
59. Barnes and Noble
60. Fresh Market (or any fancy grocery store)

5 Favorite Websites
61. http://www.jesuschrist.lds.org/ (LDS Church)
62. http://www.imommies.com/ (Money-saving tips, coupons, etc.)
63. http://www.amazon.com/ (great shopping/research)
64. http://www.consumerreports.com/ (for whenever we want to buy something over $50)
65. Blogs, in general

5 Favorite Movies
66. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
67. Pride and Prejudice (A&E)
68. Father of the Bride (1&2)
69. Rudy
70. Gone With the Wind

10 Things Abby and I Both Love
71. Garrett!
72. Cuddling
73. Snacking
74. Reading books
75. Playing the piano
76. Picnics
77. Playing games
78. Taking walks
79. Listening to music
80. Visiting friends and family

Things I Want to Accomplish
81. Learn Photoshop - I'm pretty good now but I want to be really good at it.
82. Understand Isaiah - I took an Isaiah class at BYU and I completely understood it at the time, and it was amazing. I have forgotten a lot of it, but I have a great supplementary book on it now, and I want to keep studying it so that I can re-learn it and really know it.
83. I want to make quilts and be good at it. I just need to be better at working my sewing machine.
84. I want to be good at cake decorating. We just did a class on it in YW (Tues. nights) and it was so fun!
85. I want to write living histories of my family.
86. Scan all important family photos so they can be preserved and shared with everyone.
87. Be able to play every hymn on the organ (I can do many of them, but some are pretty challenging for me still)
88. I want to read each latter-day prophet's biography (I know you have them all, Mom and Dad!)
89. I would like to serve a mission with Garrett someday.
90. I would love to get my Master's Degree in Human Resources, or maybe Social Work. There will be plenty to time for that someday!

What I would do with $100
91. buy some clothes or other fun things from Target
92. get some picture frames or art for our bedroom
93. buy some fabric to make a quilt
94. buy some other materials for other projects I want to do
95. donate it to Church
96. buy a tall bookshelf to replace the short one that's overflowing with books
97. buy a forward-facing carseat for Abby (she's still too light for one, that's why we don't have one yet)
98. go out for a nice dinner
99. buy groceries
100. fill up the cars with gas

2 comments:

Emma and John said...

aww I loved your post! I didn't even know some of those things about you. I don't like pork and beans either. I don't remember that race but I bet that's why I hate them still...I know I still hate lima beans because I sat at the table until after dark before I ate them.

Abs said...

Um...you won't be able to do all that with a hundred dollars. You'll have to pick. JK Great post!