Monday, April 7, 2008

King of Country!!


On Saturday night by friend Abbie and I left our husbands at home (well, at Church watching the Priesthood session of Conference) and we went to a GEORGE STRAIT CONCERT!! It was SO much fun! I love live music, especially when it's an artist I am familiar with, so it was perfect. I have been listening to George Strait music since I was 5 years old, so this was especially neat for me to see him in person. George Strait has more #1 songs (55) than any other artist, EVER (in all genres). And honestly, seeing George Strait in concert has always been a dream of mine, but I really never thought it would be possible (not sure why).

The concert was amazing! He played many of my favorites (Check Yes or No, Write this Down, If It Wasn't For Texas, Heartland, Give it Away, I Saw God Today, Ocean Front Property, She'll Leave You With a Smile...just to name a few!). He sang tons of songs, but the time went by so quickly! He really puts on a great show. It was also especially fun because it was Abbie's first concert - now she wants to go to more (American Idol tour, anyone?). The only sad thing is that he didn't play my very favorite song (I Cross My Heart), but oh well.

Anyway, my apologies go to my sisters Emma and Molly. I know how much you girls wanted to be there! Next time, all three of us will go.

And thank you so much, Mom W., for getting me the tickets for my birthday. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget!

2 comments:

Emma and John said...

I am definitely jealous! I really really really need to see him before he retires or stops touring. That looked so fun.

Abs said...

Thanks again! I seriously LOVED the concert.