This is an embarrassing post... clearly I'm running out of things to blog about.
I was going through my pictures the other day, trying to think of a topic to blog about for my Flashback Friday, and I was embarrassed to realize that I had a uni-brow when I was younger.
Don't get me wrong - I was aware previous to this that I did in fact at one point have a uni-brow. I was mortified to discover, however, just how long I had one. This is bad, people.
I was going through my pictures the other day, trying to think of a topic to blog about for my Flashback Friday, and I was embarrassed to realize that I had a uni-brow when I was younger.
Don't get me wrong - I was aware previous to this that I did in fact at one point have a uni-brow. I was mortified to discover, however, just how long I had one. This is bad, people.
I think it was fully pronounced at 5
Now, at this point, it's still semi-okay. I'm only 6.
But this is the end of 4th grade!
Fifth grade. Seriously. Why didn't anyone SAY ANYTHING!?! At this point, I start to blame others. Like my friend Courtney. Dear Courtney,
When you moved into our ward (age: 11) I relied on you as my example. You had cool clothes and style. You knew a lot more than I did about.... everything. You had your own room and a queen-sized bed. You even had your own Mariah Carey cd's. You were so mature and cool - basically, you were about 5 steps ahead of me. Why, oh why, did you let me go so long with a uni-brow? Look at the embarrassment it's caused me. I hope you're happy.
Love,
Hannah
Seventh grade. Thankfully, this picture is the last real evidence of the uni-brow. I must have gotten a clue or something... it starts to "recede" slowly but surely from here on out. Until later in middle school, when I overdid it just a tad and my eyebrows are really short. But that's a whole other story.

.jpg)

8 comments:
that's awesome hannah!!! i am so glad you have this 'situation' under control now!!! my early years don't include an unibrow but it totally involves some really terrible hair. you gotta love those days!!!!!
So...I guess I've got to defend myself. It's true that I was aware of Hannah's uni-brow when we first met at the end of fifth grade. But I think that I didn't know her well enough yet to tell her that she needed to pluck. I mean I couldn't just say, "Hey Hannah, I know we just met and I really want you to like me and be my friend since I don't know anyone here, but you really need to pluck that uni-brow. Wow!" But I do have to say that Hannah neglected to mention that I was the one who eventually taught her how to pluck. I know now that I waited too long and that I should have been a blunter friend. Hopefully, Hannah, you can forgive me!
Hahaha yes, sorry I forgot to mention you DID eventually teach me. I also recall that you were there when I shaved my legs for the first time.
::sigh::
Oh, the good old days.
Hahaha yes, sorry I forgot to mention you DID eventually teach me. I also recall that you were there when I shaved my legs for the first time.
::sigh::
Oh, the good old days.
How did I go so much of your childhood without noticing something this big? I guess I was a super oblivious teenager. Had I noticed I would have definitely said something, and then you would have hated me, like Vinnie Jones.
hahahaha- John is going to LOVE this post. Don't worry, I was embarrassed for you too all those years.
Hannah...that is funny! I love how you assessed the whole history of the unibrow with phrases like, "it was fully pronounced at 5."
I had a unibrow and needed major orthodontia...I was a mess.
I want to know why Vinnie Jones hates you, Ali and where is she now? It's so fun to read your blogs and find out where you all are now. Even though it makes me feel really old.
Hannah, I didn't know you until after you were plucking. You were a very adorable teenager.
Post a Comment