Then, when Garrett came home a bit after midnight, I headed out and hit up some Black Friday sales!! Haha just kidding.... I'm not that crazy. I mean, I love a good deal as much as the next person (maybe even more), and I spent some time last week researching some of the great deals to be had (and let's face it, I was mostly looking at things for myself), but in the end there was nothing good enough to tempt me to face the crowds. And to be honest, I don't ever see myself becoming a Black Friday shopper. I've read the horror stories in the news, and seen pictures. I hate crowds and I hate the "I-have-to-run-through-the-store-and-beat-everyone-else-to-the-electronics-section-before-everything-is-taken" feeling. Online deals, though? You can bet I love those. But I still didn't pull out my credit card for anything today. (Although I can't say the same for Garrett... but that's for another post, I think.)
This year I am particularly thankful that Garrett has a job. He's worked a lot this week, so it's in the forefront of my mind and the gratitude helps me not become bitter about it! :) Seriously though, I am so grateful that he's working, and that he's in a job that is stable. I'm grateful that he's in a chill transitional program that allows him lots of family time.
This week I am thankful for Gmail video chat and Skype. We've gotten to "see" all my siblings and my parents over the last couple of days, and Garrett's parents and some siblings too. So, even though we didn't go visit family this holiday, we still got to interact with them, which is always fun.
Today I am thankful for baby Tylenol. Ellie is teething and it's brutal (for me. And okay, for her too). She was in rare form today and spent most of the day screaming and crying and whining. Poor thing. It doesn't help that she has a cold on top of it all.
Right now I am thankful for my warm bed waiting for me... and thankful that I'm not working a 10-hour shift in the ER, like a certain person I am married to. Tonight around 9:30, my eyes were starting to feel tired and I was thinking about my bed, and meanwhile Garrett was loading up on Coke Zero to prepare himself for work at 10pm. Sooooo not jealous of him.

No comments:
Post a Comment