We visited Daddy again in the hospital tonight. Abby's getting better behind the camera...
Garrett's almost done with his family medicine rotation, woohoo! To be honest it really hasn't been that bad (says me, ha). He's only had to work one Sunday, and he had the whole weekend off this last weekend.
It's the next rotation - ER - that I'm really not looking forward to. Especially since he has to work the entire week of Thanksgiving, Monday-Saturday, with no days off. I'm not complaining (okay, clearly I am) but that totally stinks! I love Thanksgiving so much but it's looking like we will just have to celebrate it on a different day, maybe the next week. Anyway, I should probably get used to it as I'm sure this is just the first of many times that Garrett will have to work on a holiday. I'm just thankful that the girls are still too young to notice.
Does anyone have any great Thanksgiving recipes they want to recommend? I am definitely planning to keep it simple - a small turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, a salad, a cranberry dish, and maybe this butternut squash soup (I made this last week and it's so good). And one (maybe two) pies. Of course, we'll be celebrating with the Egberts (hopefully) and I'm sure they will have some great recipes (no pressure, guys), but I'd love to hear what you all recommend. Any favorite Thanksgiving dishes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE my Mom's candied yams!!! :) I can e-mail you the recipe. Yeah it looks like Justin also has to work on Thanksgiving. :( We were invited to celebrate with some of the young families who will be in town from church. It will be nice to have plans just in case Justin can't get away at all that day. I LOVE Thanksgiving especially all the YUMMY sides!!! :)
Post a Comment