Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mariner's Museum

Last Saturday, the Mariner's Museum offered free admission to all hospital staff and their families.  We jumped at the chance to go for free!  Unfortunately, Garrett was working all day so I took the kids and tagged along with Rob & Haley.

It was a lot of fun and very interesting.  There was a lot of history about the Chesapeake bay, which was pretty fascinating.  There were also exhibits for how the ocean and ships were used for wars (Civil War, World Wars, etc), and a big exhibit about the USS Monitor.  I loved visiting the museum and would love to go again without the kids so that I could spend more time reading about the different displays and things.  I discovered that I really enjoy learning about maritime history - it's pretty fascinating.

The Mariner's Museum here is the biggest in North America (it's over 60,000 square feet!), and that's not hard to believe.  It seemed that every time we turned a corner there was another exhibit to see.  It was huge!





No comments: