I originally made this quilt to give my mother-in-law for Christmas, but decided to have it be a birthday present since the kids usually all go in on the Christmas gift for their parents (her birthday is in January).
When my mother-in-law and I were in a fabric store together a few years ago, I asked her to show me some of her favorite fabrics so that I could get an idea of her style. She pointed out a lot of pretty, bright Fall-ish colors. Luckily, I already had a big stack of fat quarters in a similar style so I got to work. I actually started this quilt a couple of years ago. I wanted to do the whole thing in that triangle pattern, but eventually I gave up and just did a square border. I was getting really tired of trying (and failing) to match corners.
I finished this quilt last July and almost forgot about it as we were packing for our Christmas trip. So glad I remembered it since I hate shipping my projects... I'm always so scared they will get lost.
The backing is a vintage sheet that used to belong to my grandma.
I love how this quilt turned out and I hope my mother-in-law likes it!
If you want to see the other quilts I've made for Christmas, click on the links:
Quilts for my sisters and mom, Christmas 2009 (these are probably my favorite)
Quilts for my sisters-in-law, Christmas 2008
Monday, December 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hannah, that quilt is beautiful, and all the previous ones are as well. You are very talented. Can I hire you to make me one?!
Joan O.
Gorgeous quilt! I love the colors.
Beautiful - she will love it!
Do you quilt them by hand or machine? I always hire the quilting out. I love to buy fabric, and I love to piece, but don't enjoy the quilting quite as much.
Post a Comment