Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Things I learned in the last week.

Sometimes it's okay to stay in your pajamas all day.

The hot glue gun will burn flesh, just like it says. (And incidentally, I didn't realize how often I use that side of my thumb until now.  Ouch!)

Abby will never get tired of watching Charlie Brown Christmas on Hulu.... she watches it once a day and it's so cute.

Ellie can reach that cup of grape juice on the table.

I'm thankful that I still heavily dilute Abby's juice, because it came out of the carpet no problem.

I'm really slow at hand stitching words on muslin (Christmas present... I'll share sometime soon).

When cutting Garrett's hair, a "2" is not the same as a "7".  In happy news.... I will probably never be asked to cut Garrett's hair ever again. (Not that I really minded.... it saves us money!)

The best "toys" are always non-toys: canned goods (great for building towers), ric-rac from my project, a bead tied to the end of a string, Garrett's contact case, mixing bowls, my phone, the piano.

Newborns are tiny.  I always forget just how tiny they are until I hold one. (Yes, Haley had her baby!!)

I LOVE '24'.  Okay I knew this before this week.  I know I've probably said this before but I am SO glad we waited until now to watch it on Netflix rather than having to wait a week between each episode.  I have very mixed feelings every time we watch an episode though: I feel happy and excited, but I also feel sad because we are then one more episode closer to being DONE with the show. (I know, I'm lame.)  Anyway, we just finished season 5.  Only three more seasons to go!  NOOOOO!

Ipads are really fun.  Yes.... we got an ipad.  And before you start thinking that we are high rollers now that Garrett is a doctor... no way.  As part of Garrett's internship, the hospital gives him a $500 credit for "educational purposes".  And since the program also pays for him to take his boards, he couldn't think of any other necessary expenses, so we bought an ipad with the money (got it on Black Friday since it was on sale then, so we didn't have to pay much out of pocket).  And you guys, I am totally lame because I love solitaire more than other games I have found.  Does anyone have an ipad and want to give me some app recommendations??

Surprise parties are also really fun.  I threw Rob a last-minute "Man Shower" (i.e., a baby shower for the dad) on Saturday night.  It was extremely impromptu but we had a good turnout and perfect timing (the baby was born the next day!).  I'll dedicate a post later this week.  Man showers are fun. (please don't take that out of context!)

And, I've recently learned that I have become a really bad typer.  I don't know how this happened because I type a lot.  But it's pretty embarrassing, I probably use the backspace key at least a couple of times each sentence.

Like this for eiintstance.  I won't use the backspace key and you ancan see how bakd it is.  How did this happen?  Whey Iam I jsuch a bad tyeper now?  It's not that I don't know how to spell - I do.  In fact I pride myself on my ability to spell well.  But for some reason I acnt type and it's driving my me insanse.  It's like my fintgers hit keys without mybrain tell ing them to.  Or I miss keys.  And it's not like my fingers are slepping and hitting the wrong keys.  My fingers deliberately khit all the keys I'm hitting.  Please helkp me.

3 comments: