Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pictures

(aren't my blog titles so catchy?)


On my "wish list" is a small digital camera.  Ours broke about six months ago, and when I got a new iPod Touch for Christmas I thought that it would do the trick.  But alas, it doesn't have a flash like the iphone does, so the pictures are pretty "meh" (and that's being generous).  Anyway, all I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a little digital camera to carry around, like on trips especially.  Garrett's big camera weighs a ton and I'm not very good at using it anyway.  So, I'm saving my money for one!  Then I can completely bog down the blog with more pictures.  Don't get too excited.

That being said,  I was able to get a couple pictures taken while I was in New Hampshire a few weeks ago (thanks Courtney!).

My brother's two little boys (with my parents).  They are so cute and so well-behaved.  I just love them.  I am so excited to see them again next week in Pennsylvania!

This is Linda... she was my YW leader and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love her!  She always has such great advice and knows just what to say to make me feel better about anything.  She also makes the best pies, and she made a special blueberry cream cheese pie for me!

Courtney, Sister H, and me.  Sister H is my friend Ashley's mom, and Courtney, Ashley and I were best friends through high school.  Ashley wasn't in town so this was the closest I could get to the "three of us". :)

me, Linda, and Ali.  Ali was my Primary teacher, but don't let that fool you - we're really not that far apart in age.

I wish I had more pictures - some of me and my brother, my sister-in-law, other close friends that I saw.  However, there were not many situations during this trip when taking pictures was very appropriate, nor did I feel like taking pictures too much.

This trip reminded me how lucky I am to have grown up where I did, and how lucky I am to know the people I know.  I had so many great influences there, and I had incredible youth leaders.  I am so thankful for things like Facebook, email, and blogs so that I can keep up with the people I love.  It was so awesome to be able to see people on my trip and know a lot of what they are up to and what's going on in their lives, even though I hadn't seen them in years.  It was nice that so many people knew things about me, too, from reading my blog and through FB.  I am determined that it won't be 5 years before I visit NH again (that is almost how long it had been before this trip).  Maybe one year?  My 10 year high school reunion should be next year, so maybe I'll try to go up there again for that.

Onto the home front.... I can't remember if I blogged about this, but a few months ago Garrett asked me to cut his hair.  It's really easy - he just uses the buzz clippers with a couple different settings (longer on the top, one length shorter on the sides and back).  Part of the "deal" for me to cut Garrett's hair is that he sets everything up for me (puts the right length on the buzzer, etc) and he also cleans everything up afterwards (usually.... I don't mind doing it either though).

This particular time, though, Garrett did not adjust the sizing.  So, when he was ready, I walked over to the buzzer, picked it up, and proceeded to run it down the center of Garrett's hair, from his forehead all the way to the back of his head.  I immediately saw the problem.  Unfortunately, Garrett did too.  Instead of the "6" length (one of the longest settings), it was set on a "2".  Yeah, it was pretty short.  Garrett was pretty annoyed at me for not checking the size first, and I was pretty annoyed at him for not having it ready for me like he always does.

Long story short: he hasn't asked me to cut his hair since.  Nope, Garrett has a new hairdresser these days:


Yeah.

I need to point out, though.... Garrett now cuts his whole head at a "3" length, so.... turns out he likes the shorter cut.

Vindicated.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ah, I love it! I wish I could've been there. Thanks for stepping in for me, Mom! :)

sos said...

We're cute and well-behaved? or did you mean the two little boys? Great pictures! Looks like Abby found her vocation.