Highlights from March:
My BYU Cougars made it to the Sweet Sixteen (but let's face it, they really should be playing in the Final Four tonight). Along those same lines... is anyone's bracket even decent anymore??
We drove to Florida to go house hunting, and left the kids with my in-laws. It was so wonderful to be with Garrett by ourselves for 2 days, and I really fell in love with the city we're moving to (well, the parts I saw anyway). I'm excited to be moving to a college town. And come on, it's hard not to love any place where it's 75 degrees and sunny in March. Yes, I know the summers will be brutal but I survived in Georgia so I think I'll be okay.
We made on offer on a cute little house in a nice neighborhood. It has a great big fenced-in backyard with a wooden play set, a brick patio, and a screened-in back porch. It also has a concrete half-basketball-court in the backyard which would be perfect for the kids to ride their bikes/scooters on. AND it has really nice dark wood floors AND white cabinets in the kitchen (my fave). It really is a cute little place, even if it's a bit smaller than we wanted.
Lowlights from March:
You know the house I just swooned about (above)? It might not work out, for a number of reasons. Long story, not worth rehashing. I'll share all the deets once this thing is all over. (Mom & Dad, "deets" = details)
Someone who I have loved and admired my whole life passed away in mid March. It was very sudden - he was sick but not many people knew he was sick, so it was very unexpected. He was a close family friend (and I suppose you could even call him family, since his daughter is my sister-in-law). He was also my Stake President (ecclesiastical leader) throughout my youth. Thankfully I was able to fly to New Hampshire, and I even had the great honor of singing with a small group at his funeral. It was difficult (and continues to be) but I keep thinking about all the work he is doing on the Other Side and how lucky they are to have him there. It's just hard though and I have been struggling with it.
(*I must say, though.. I was able to spend some time with my brother & sister-in-law, who are awesome, and my 2 adorable little nephews. They are soooo cute, I couldn't get enough of them. I miss them. And I also saw many people in NH who I love and miss so much. Gotta get up there more often.)
Anyway.... March dragged on and on, between all the traveling and the emotional roller coaster I had. Now, every time I check my email or my phone rings, I have a sinking feeling in my stomach because I'm nervous that our Realtor will have more bad news waiting for me about the house, or it will be our mortgage company saying they need more obscure paperwork sent to them (they asked for Garrett's transcripts! really??) or there will be a bill for the inspections we had done on the house (still waiting for that one... hopefully won't be more than $600. It makes me sick that we spent that much money on a house we might not even buy, and that we'll have to spend that much more before buying any other house, which - again - who knows if we'll buy it). I am just so ready to close on a house.... ANY house. I just want to stop thinking and stressing about it. I thought that buying a house would be fun but it's anything but. (**Aren't I the greatest whiner ever??**) :)
The thing I have to keep reminding myself is that this is just a stepping stone. We will be there for 4, maybe 5 years. We aren't buying our dream house here. It shouldn't be this big a deal! At this point Garrett wants to rent but it's way too expensive to rent a house and I really don't want to live in an apartment for 4-5 years... plus, apartments are pretty pricey anyway.
On that miserable note.... Let me leave you with some pictures, because these girls make me smile every day and they keep me on my toes! And let's face it, blog posts without pictures are boring.
We tried to make Jello jigglers:
But we still ate the pan clean:
She was sitting cross-legged on the table. How cute is that??
Things I'm looking forward to:
*putting house buying behind us (hopefully it'll all be over soon. Well, it HAS to be. We roll out of here on June 24 and I darn well hope there will be an empty house waiting for us in Florida.)
*making Cafe Rio for dinner tomorrow night and eating with friends (this will be my first attempt at the recipe. I'll let you know how it goes... I'm using chicken instead of pork though since I can't eat pork anymore. Hope it works. On second thought... it's probably not a good idea to invite friends over for an "experimental recipe". Oh well.)
*going to Pennsylvania and seeing my parents, grandparents, and also seeing my SISTER and her 3 adorable kids. CANNOT WAIT!
*going to Utah in June for my other sister's wedding! Hopefully Garrett & kids will be coming with me but that's still TBD.
*watching more Prison Break on Netflix, slowing but surely. Yes, sadly we finished "24" (*sniff) but Prison Break is proving to be a sufficient replacement. Not as good as "24", but still good.

5 comments:
FYI... selling a house is just as big of a pain. SO if you get the house you want, then in 4 or 5 years you will be on the other side of things!!
On another note, why can't you eat pork?
And I miss ya! And the girls were talking about the 'little Abby' the other day. They have always called her that because of Abbie M. Anyway, hope that you get the house you want. Good luck with the move!!
I'm sorry for your loss, Hannah.
Hope you get the cute house...and if that doesn't work...that you get an even cuter one!
You might as well have written out "details" initially since you had to spend more time educating us...we're really not that bad. LOL
Sorry Nate - that was my mistake. Guess we'll need some computer lessons. "Deets" later.
Best of luck with the house thing! It's such a pain. I remember thinking,"WHO are they loaning money to?" They wanted all sorts of stuff from Ben, it was CRAZY! Anyway, your girls are getting big and oh so cute!!
Post a Comment