Monday, April 25, 2011

27 things.

Here is the obligatory 27-things-about-me blog post.  I know I promised to post it last week, but... well, it just didn't happen!  Lots of things are probably not news to many of you because either you know me, or I've mentioned them before on the blog.  Anyway, enjoy!

1. It's probably no surprise to anyone, but I love good food.  I love cheese, I love pizza, I love sushi, I love seafood, I love pasta.  I love soup.  I love good, salty french fries. I also love eating out.  There are only a few things I won't eat: pork & beans and honey... maybe a few others things but I can't think of them now. Don't like either, never have.  I also don't eat pork anymore, because I think I'm allergic to it (but I really miss bacon & ribs) (Incidentally, Garrett says I have an intolerance for it, not an allergy.  Whatever you call it.... it's miserable.)

2. Thankfully, I have forced myself to enjoy working out (see #1).  I definitely enjoy some workouts more than others.  I never seem to get tired of "The Firm" workouts.

3. When I sleep, I get really, really hot.  I don't mean that I look good - I mean that I actually get hot.  Garrett is always cold at night and calls me a "hot rock" because my skin gets so warm.  I hate sleeping in pajamas because I get way too hot and sweaty, even in the winter.

4. Speaking of sleeping, I love to sleep on my stomach and can't sleep very well any other way.

5. I am horrible (horrible!) and doing impressions. Like, voice impressions.  It's pretty embarrassing, actually.  I can't do any sort of accent.

6. I am also horrible at jumping.  I have a one inch vertical, according to Garrett and my brother (and basically my whole family, who likes to make fun of me for this)

7. My most embarrassing moment was when I accidentally started playing footsies with a boy's Dad instead of the boy I was going after. Oh man... I get embarrassed just thinking about it.

8. I've never broken any bones but I've twisted my ankle a few times (but not since I was in high school or middle school)

9. In my 11 years of driving, I've never been pulled over or been in an accident (knock on wood)

10. My first car was a 1984 VW Quantum (same age as I was).  My current car is a 2004 Saturn Vue.  My next car will hopefully be something like a Toyota Highlander, or a Toyota or Honda minivan.  Yes, a minivan!  I never thought I'd want one but those things have it all and they are so family- and kid-oriented.  The seats go into the floor!! The doors open on their own!! They fly!! (okay, okay). Anyway, we're counting on the Vue getting us through another 5-6 years, though, so a new car probably won't happen any time soon.


11. Back to food... I know I said that I am not too picky about foods (I'm not!), but I am picky about expiration dates.  If milk is within 2 days of the "sell by" date (before the date), I will not drink it. If the milk has any sort of odor, I will not drink it.  The same goes for most dairy.  As far as other foods go, I will not eat them past the date.  Thankfully this usually isn't an issue because most of the time we can eat foods before they expire. (Yes, I know I'm crazy about the milk thing.  My brother is the same way though, he is careful about expiration dates).

12. I hate being late when I go places.  I have only been late to Church twice since Garrett and I have gotten married (believe me, I remember when they happened, and the specific circumstances for each time).  Before that, I don't think I was ever late to Church.  To me, being "on time" at Church (and for most other important things) is being there 10 minutes early.  This is a habit I learned from my parents.

13. I love watching sports. both live and on tv.  Sometimes I wish Garrett was as big a fan as I am, but it's okay because he still enjoys watching sports when I want to.  That's been the only hard thing about not having cable this last year - it's harder to watch live tv (although, we find a way if we really want to).  I miss college sports the most, but I also enjoy watching the Pats and the Red Sox play.  And as much as I miss watching games on tv, I don't see us getting cable again any time soon.

14. I don't like taking naps.  They make me tired and groggy the rest of the day.

15. My favorite flowers are tulips, peonies, and lilacs.  I don't like roses very much.

16. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have gotten fast food through a drive through (me driving, by myself or just me and the kids).  I just never think of it, or if I do think of it, I always determine that it's cheaper to just go home and make pb&j instead.

17. I haven't eaten a bowl of cereal in over a year and a half.  No specific reason... I just don't like cereal that much.  I have forced myself to like oatmeal (because it's healthier).

18. I genuinely enjoy laughing at myself.  My family has a running joke about me that has gone on for the last 3 years.  Most people would probably be insulted by it but I think it's hilarious and I laugh too.  I really enjoy it when other people have a good sense of humor about themselves, as well.  My sister-in-law (bro's wife) is especially good at this and I really admire it (and I love her stories).  Sometime I'll have to blog about it.

19. The left side of my jaw clicks when I chew.  I don't remember when this started, but it really bothers me, and sometimes it hurts.

20. I love jigsaw puzzles, especially Charles Wysocki 1000-piece puzzles. My mom has about a dozen of these and we love doing them together!  I also love logic puzzles.

21. My favorite "party game" is Catch Phrase.  It's such a riot and I have many great memories of playing this game with friends.

22. If I could choose any talent to be really great at, I think it would be singing.  I'd love to be a singer.  I always wanted to take voice lessons at BYU but they were always too expensive.  Maybe someday.

23. I'm a stickler for using correct grammar, both in speech and in writing.  I am always correcting people in my head (or being rude and actually correcting them to their face.  Sorry if I've done this to you. It's pure habit.)

24. I haven't been to a dentist in over 5 years.  We haven't had dental insurance so we just don't go unless it's an emergency.  Bad, I know.

25. Over the last few months, I've noticed some wrinkles on my face, mostly just on my cheeks when I smile.  At first I really hated them, but I got over myself and now they're okay.  I'd rather have smile wrinkles than frown wrinkles! It might have something to do with age, but Garrett says that it might have something to do with the fact that I've lost so much weight since Ellie was born (my face got pretty puffy when I was pregnant!!)

26. Generally, I'm not very sentimental.  I don't have much of a problem getting rid of stuff that's taking up space but not being used.  However, I do have a tin box of all my old love letters/notes, some special cards from close family and friends, and a few other things I just can't part with and probably never will.

27.  One of my very favorite things to do is just sit and chat, especially with all my family together.  Is there anything better than sitting around in a living room together and just talking??  I love it and I wish I lived closer to my family so we could do this more often.

2 comments:

BWei said...

Loved learning more about you--I get hot sometimes when I sleep, too--my brothers used to call me a furnace. Glad your birthday was wonderful! And no cereal in over a year--wow!

Michelle said...

LOVED reading this. In no particular order, I'll now comment as a member of the peanut gallery...

Late to church only TWICE? You are my hero.

Perhaps you should start with getting the american idol wii game? :)

Your smile wrinkles are gorgeous.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm pretty sure my minivan flies.

So crazy about your jaw-- my jaw clicks, too. The right side. 'Tis annoying. No dental insurance either. We're not gonna die from it, right?

You and garrett are the opposite of kyle and I. He's hot, I'm cold. Love it!

If you make it to 30 without getting in an accident or pulled over, I'm taking you out to Sushi. :)