When we left Pittsburgh, we flew straight to Atlanta for a girls' (and kids) reunion (with the Woodbury side of the family). Garrett drove up from Florida so that I could have my car there, and then he flew to Utah to go dirtbiking with his dad, grandpa, uncles, and cousins.
One fun thing we did was take the kids to Stone Mountain. There are a ton of fun things to do there, but sadly we didn't have much time to do them! But we did ride a train around the mountain, which was fun:
There is also a light show that they do every night, so we stayed for that.
Me and the girls in front of Stone Mountain:
Morning smiles from Olivia:
Garrett's mom did a fun tie-dye project with the kids, using permanent markers and rubbing alcohol. The shirts turned out really cute!
We spent a morning at the World of Coke
Abbie posed like this all on her own, haha:
We learned all sorts of fun info about the history of Coca-Cola, and did a lot of fun things. At the end of the tour, you go into a big room and they have Coke drinks from all over the world that you can try. This kiosk had drinks from Africa.
I have to say, I had very good self-control here! I tried several but didn't drink any full cups of anything... even the good stuff from the USA. I'm really trying to stop drinking that junk.
And I have to say, there is a Coca Cola drink called "Beverly" from somewhere in Europe, and it is the most disgusting thing you will ever drink. It tastes like chewed up aspirins. It almost ruined my whole day.
The girls were so excited for their "free" Coca Colas that they got at the end of the tour. They saved them for Garrett since they aren't allowed to drink brown soda. (Ellie talked to Garrett on the phone later and said, "I have some Coa Coa for you!")
All tuckered out:
Aunt Katie painted the girls' nails:
And did their hair:
We took the kids to the Atlanta Zoo one day:
And we even had a girls' night out one evening. We went to a Braves game and it was SO fun! Definitely a highlight of the week, I think:
We also spent some time at a pool, shopping, and even got in a trip to the temple.
Abbie & Rylan:
Ellie & Nana:
Abbie & Nana:
We had a great time in Atlanta! Garrett flew back almost 9 full days after he left us there and we made the long drive home, pulling into the driveway at 5:30 a.m. (thanks, flight delays!). It was nice to be home after a long 3.5 weeks away. We are so grateful for the wonderful, family-filled summer we had this year!

1 comment:
Ah, the laser show at Stone Mountain--a definite classic :-). Made me miss ATL!
Post a Comment